Lautners new red bull's...

Help Support Steer Planet:

JRapp

Got Phil's sire directory the other day. I was really impressed w/the red bulls Alabama Slammer, Red Dirt, Red Bull, and Six Pack. Anyone have any opinions on these bulls good/bad? Any vids of these bulls out there? My presonal fav's are Alabama Slammer and Red Dirt.

CAB

The Red Dirt bull sure looks good and has an interesting pedigree. I'll be watching for proofs!!

Mueller Show Cattle

We got our Lautner Catalog yesterday also. The wife picked Alabama Slammer to use also. She gets to pick the semen for half the cows and I get to pick the other half. He is not red but one of my picks from a new Lautner bull is Unstoppable.

JCattleCo

Size=Short and stocky... Matted down he showed good muscle and a wide top with good shoulders and a long front but he was so short. Unless your cows are 6.5+ frame cattle you might get a midge IMO

cowman

JCattleCo said:
Size=Short and stocky... Matted down he showed good muscle and a wide top with good shoulders and a long front but he was so short. Unless your cows are 6.5+ frame cattle you might get a midge IMO

OK I could care less bout Red bulls or who owns them, but have to comment here. AS is not small. If he was when you saw him then he's taken off since then. I'd score him a frame score larger than Monopoly with some grow to him. I thought he was a tick bigger than a lot of bulls out last year and probably just right for frame. There are only a few really small bulls this year and he's not one of them. 

JCattleCo

I just saw him at voegler's a month ago let's just say he was too small for me. I got five straws on him and picked it up that's when I saw him.

OH Breeder

Kind of frustrating the new bulls in the catalog say Pending TH PH. There are a couple i would consider sampling but won't til I know status. I have two THC in my herd. Both are good cows. Just wish we could see update sheets on status.