Lautner's sire catalog with the 2011 bulls

Help Support Steer Planet:

mainegirl

I know that Matt posted on his blog that it would be coming out with the March Show Circuit, but I was wondering if anyone knew if they were sending it to people that send catalog requests through their website that don't get the Show Circuit? Or if they will send those out at a late date? Thanks for the help!

Cattle7

Got mine in the mail yesterday by itself! Pretty good bulls in there.

bcosu

what does everyone think of the unstoppable bull? he looks pretty stout to me and it's nice to see that different photo angle.

Freddy

North central -- Nebraska on highway 183 - 30 mi
That photo angle on UNSTOPPABLE bothered me, don't get me wrong I liked the picture of him but with that picture angle I wondered  what they are trying to hide with just the one picture of him....would want to see more of him before I ordered semen ....

DakotaCow

To me the bull Unstoppable took a great photo and a less than average video, I admit he was plenty sound however after watcihng the video on the sale page I was less than impressed. As for Warfare I see him being WAY too straight. Did anyone notice that Alabama Slammer's calf picture was of him at 3 days old.........Im not so sure if an 80 lb calf at birth really looks that powerfull at 3 days of age. Not that I would ever insinuate that anyone would ever exagerate details in the clubby world  ::)

bcosu

to quote the pirates of the caribbean movies, "the bw info is more like a guideline anyways." It's almost like you draw numbers out of a hat because there are no way those calves are that light when they are that powerful.

i kinda wondered if unstoppable was maybe an uglier bull that didn't profile real well or if they just really liked that picture. i will have to check out his video but he might be able to power up some of our plainer angus cows.

bcosu

after reviewing the video, i was slightly disappointed. he's not super cool but he might work on the prettier type cows. he seemed functional and stout and besides from some tentative steps at the beginning seemed to move fairly well.

I do like that he is a half blood maine though, adds maybe a little heterosis in there with some angus as well.

JCattleCo

Alabama Slammer is at Voegler's... when I saw him a month ago he was thick and sound enough but he stood about as high as my belt.  :-\

GONEWEST

@ Dakota cow. Feel free to say anything about the bull, but you can bet your last dime if the people who raised Alabama Slammer say that is a 3 day old picture, it is a 3 day old picture.

JCattleCo

I don't doubt it's a 3 day old picture, but i'm not so sure i want my cows having calves with hips and shoulders that big at such a young age. He is quite a bull though.

hamburgman

Call me crazy but the van meter bull to me from a pedigree standpoint seems like he could really work.  Those heat seeker bulls still get the job done.

ROMAX

GONEWEST said:
Anyone read the catalog notes in Matt's book on the bull "Miami?"   OOOUUUUCH!!!!!!
I was kinda thinkin the same thing,why bother promoting a bull whos best calves are only going to be county fair steers,or are they just trying to slam those other bulls?

OH Breeder

GONEWEST said:
Anyone read the catalog notes in Matt's book on the bull "Miami?"   OOOUUUUCH!!!!!!

I do'nt have the best eyesight but I may have missed whatever you are talking about?