Lautners?

Help Support Steer Planet:

ROMAX

Ok i have been wondering this for awhile and thought it would have been brought up on steerplanet by now,so here it goes.What is up with the Lautners,they are always running each other down on the blogs,every couple weeks they announce that Dax and Chance are in no way affiliated.It just makes me wonder why you would buy semen from Matt when Phil has the same bulls plus lots more?Not trying to start a war or stir the pot just curious.

HGC

I have been buying semen from Matt for the past 4 years.  The reason I keep buying semen from him is easy.  Customer Service, Customer Service, Customer Service.  I have never purchased semen from anyone who has helped me market my calves like Matt has.

chiangus

Both are good at customer service.  Not sure the rub between them, probably something that does need to be aired on the internet anyway.  I can speak a family business can be pretty darn stressful, so I could see how they are 2 separate entities.

Freddy

North central -- Nebraska on highway 183 - 30 mi
WHERE IS THIS PERSONAL SERVICE , I  drove 40 MILES  to pick my semen up because Chance said he couldn't do me any good as far as buying any calves an I was going that away ...I can buy it cheaper from some of their host semen companies ....but I also buy Angus an Charolais from them.............Another blogger aklso said he was coming and didn't show ....I sure some of these decisions  are based on time,  what they think you have ,and where you are located ,so I guess you just keep working on more quality ....

wyatt

we know someone who buys semen from one of the lautners and figures it is already sexed because 95% of the time they get heifers lol

twistedhshowstock

Well you look at what the Lautners have at their disposal, they are only interested in the best of the best, and even out of that group they only want the best ones.  There is no possible way that they could get to everyone that has a calf out of one of their bulls to look at it.  And trust me,  a LOT of the people out there that buy semen from them think that the calf they have is worthy. And I am sure that they are good calves, but Lautners have access to almost every good one, they are looking for the truly exceptional ones.
I dont pretend to know their business, but I tend to believe a lot of the stuff that gets aired is just a publicity stunt to keep people thinking about em, thats how you get as big as they are. Its kinda like the celebrity publicist say, there is no such thing as bad publicity, some of it just helps you more than others.  I dont think things can be nearly as bad as it is let on sometimes because if it were I dont see how they could have an even remotely functional partnership on the number of bulls they do.  And if it were that bad I dont think they would continue to partner on new ones.
Like I said, I know none of them personally, but this is just what I am thinking

forcheyhawk

I don't pretend to know what's going on.  I do think it would be somewhat frustrating for MLC, however because I do imagine that people get confused at times.  Again, in my mind it's less of a feud I would imagine and more of a desire for people to associate the two companies separately.  At least, that's how I read his comments on the blog- no insider info.  ;D

chiangus

Phil is Matt's dad.  Separate business entities, but share quite a few bulls.

forcheyhawk

Jealousy is a secondary emotion and typically refers to the negative thoughts and feelings of insecurity, fear, and anxiety over an anticipated loss of something that the person values, particularly in reference to a human connection. Jealousy often consists of a combination of presenting emotions such as anger, sadness, resentment and disgust. It is not to be confused with envy.

Definition considered - I would say no that the question posed was not a jealous one.  Furthermore, why is it when anyone asks a question about certain prominent individuals in the show cattle business you are characterized as jealous?  The original question seemed like a valid question to anyone that reads the blogs.  I often wondered if there's a rift between the two.  And yes I realize it's none of my business but my inquiring mind has wondered anyway.  I don't blame the original poster for asking the question.  If asking questions is wrong and generating discussions on a message board is wrong then most message boards wouldn't exist.

jason

I have been working on a lot of the top bull guys to become active on this messageboard.  It is just another social media outlet and one that is catered directly to their business.  It would be beneficial for them and all of our members.

chambero

It's usually better for family relationships to not be in business together. 

forcheyhawk

Jason said:
I have been working on a lot of the top bull guys to become active on this messageboard.  It is just another social media outlet and one that is catered directly to their business.  It would be beneficial for them and all of our members.
That's a great idea.  Kind of off the topic here - Is there a listing/directory of show cattle blogs?  Seems like there's so many popping up and I enjoy looking through them when I have time.  Problem is that most of them aren't advertised real well.

jason

forcheyhawk said:
Jason said:
That's a great idea.  Kind of off the topic here - Is there a listing/directory of show cattle blogs?  Seems like there's so many popping up and I enjoy looking through them when I have time.  Problem is that most of them aren't advertised real well.

Working on it.  I have a few projects to finish up and I will get it up.