Lazy H Dispersal this Saturday

Help Support Steer Planet:

caledon101

Just wondering if anyone has had the opportunity to see the sale cattle yet? Or, knows the herd etc? Catalog looks good and I am planning on going. Thanks

Still Tryin

Can't go,  but I am sure it will  be well attended. Good cattle. If you know your stuff, maybe there will be some deals....who knows.

firesweepranch

Good to hear Buckeye! I had a friend there, and he left early because he was afraid he would get stuck.
What did you get, if you don't mind me asking?. We picked up some embryos  (thumbsup)

buckeye

Got a cow and a heifer... should have bought another cow was in on but got off of them was kicking myself in the ass for afterwards

Part Timer

What did remington lock n load 54u bring? It says $180.00. Also did anybody see what the 24ft livestock trailer brought?

Ohio1

Craig reiter put on his web site that lock n load went over 155,000 not sure what he stopped at though.
What did lot 1 bring? ( dam of combustible )

Gargan

Ohio1 said:
Craig reiter put on his web site that lock n load went over 155,000 not sure what he stopped at though.
What did lot 1 bring? ( dam of combustible )
$44k I think

Still Tryin

All the Lock N Load semen sold for 109,000. Bull sold to Werners and Genex for 46,000.

Still Tryin

Ha, interesting that Genex is part owner. Semen sold high. Makes me wonder what Genex will have him priced at. Would tick me off if I bought semen at 200.00 and it ended up you could buy him for 20 or 25.

firesweepranch

Still Tryin said:
Ha, interesting that Genex is part owner. Semen sold high. Makes me wonder what Genex will have him priced at. Would tick me off if I bought semen at 200.00 and it ended up you could buy him for 20 or 25.

That is what they did with Upgrade. He originally was only available for $100 private, then Genex bought him and had him set at $35. His sexed semen right now is on special for $25 (heifer sexed), cheaper than conventional!!!

Lot one brought $44,000.

firesweepranch

I thought the prices at the end would drop, but they didn't for the most part. I found it hard to believe that Chopper semen went for $70, Built Right went for $50, Dream Catcher went for $80. Unless those bulls have spiked all of a sudden in cost, someone paid way over retail! The embryos at the end were going pretty cheap compared to the well known donors. With no guarantee on the embryos, I thought $1800 each was a bit high!  :eek: