Leg Boning HELP!

Help Support Steer Planet:

Dozer45

Trying to learn how to bone legs and am having a hard time. My problems are probably nothing new just the struggles of learning. Anyone got some good helpfull hints or advise to throw my way

AAOK

Dozer45 said:
Trying to learn how to bone legs and am having a hard time. My problems are probably nothing new just the struggles of learning. Anyone got some good helpfull hints or advise to throw my way

#1. You probably haven't spent enough time brushing the leg hair with a Rice Root brush.
#2. You probably are using too much adhiesive.  Try Very quick sprays from about 10" and immediately comb that area up and forward.

coachmac

AAOK said:
Dozer45 said:

#1. You probably haven't spent enough time brushing the leg hair with a Rice Root brush.
#2. You probably are using too much adhiesive.  Try Very quick sprays from about 10" and immediately comb that area up and forward.
Agree
less is more when it comes to glue!  When you think that you have spent enough time breaking leg hair...... keep doing it for a while longer. 

Silver

I think you should invest in a roto fluffer. It makes working the hair easy. Listen when they say multiple light coats of glue is better. Finally when you have it all groomed right set it with some tail adhesive or a good coat of prime time.

knabe

i always think of this as actually changing the direction of the hair root rather than breaking the hair. this may actually be wrong, but the deeper the "break", the more effective, at least for me.  if you watch people do this, the spray a little, comb, spray a little, comb.  it takes a little practice not to put too much on.  i'm pretty sure that girls and some boys that put on mascara in a nice even way are pretty good at legs.

i never got to use a roto brush and just always rinsed, brushed, repeat.

gonna start practicing this fall again.  should be frustrating.

thegoodones

One thing I see people forgetting to do is to break that hair loose at the show when you start fitting.  Use a plastic message/wash brush or just a comb and go thru the hair and break it loose before you start to glue the leg.  Then a little glue and a lot of comb and don't get in a hurry.  Hope it helps and good luck.