Let me have it.. gently!!

Help Support Steer Planet:

missbee

Ok.. need you opinion on REd
He is our first steer, not a high dollar steer, he is are learning steer. Our Ag teachers doesn't know much about steers, goats and lambs are her specialty. So we are teaching ourselves; internet, talking to breeders, and Sullivans is a big help. . I know he has some sway in his back we are working with him, not even sure if there is anything to do about it.
So what is your opinion?
B

Attachments

• Red 7-18.jpg
    Red 7-18.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 139
  • Red#2 7-18.jpg
    Red#2 7-18.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 146
  • REd #3 7-18.jpg
    REd #3 7-18.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 140

missbee

He is 700 pounds... our county show is in Dec and we are taking him to San Antonio and Houston.

The Show

He'll definitely class American. You are correct that he does break behind the shoulders a little bit, and that will get worse as he gets heavier(just fair warning). It's hard to tell a lot about him because the pics don't show his entire body so its hard to comment on his structure. Try to get some pictures that give a full view of him, and we'll be able to tell more about him.

The Show

He'll make a good first steer. I'd like to see a little more muscle expression in his lower third, and he looks like he rolls out of his hip a little which could affect the way he moves around the ring.

Also, I saw you asking about growing hair in another thread. I wouldn't worry about it. Build him some shade. He's an American all day long and their not supposed to have hair. He'll get a little fuzzy this winter when it cools off, but nothing like an exotic.