Let's see yours

Help Support Steer Planet:

rocknmranch

What do your cattle records look like? Are they free books from the reps? Are they computerized? Can you share your clean forms with us?

vanridge

Can't really show you a form but ours are in a recipe card box, written on index cards. We have the cow# the dam sire and birthdate at the top
Under that we have calf #, date of birth, sex, calving ease, sire, weaning weight, and status ( if it got sold the date and how much it weighed, if died the reason why)
on the back we write all other info like, breeding dates, cows behaviour at calving, any medicine it got due to sickness,CCIA tag# of calf that is sold, etc
We have these cards in different sections, Cows to calve, cows to be bred (after calving they move to this file) cows open, cull cows, breeding heifers, dead cows/sold cows, medication protocol, vaccination protocol. We also have a card up front for easy reference with all calf #'s color, sex, and dam. We have about 40 head give or take depending on the year

savaged

This is a  page from a document I created in Word and have used for several years now.  I have a similar one for a calving record.  I also use a Select Sires breeding calendar to mark next heat dates by cow.

Attachments

• Cow & Calving Record 2012.pdf
    97.1 KB · Views: 238

Latest posts