letter of reference n/c

Help Support Steer Planet:

worthabit

A kid we had work for us for a couple of summers was in the other day. He has a chance to go to the international livestock congress in Calgary this summer and is wanting me to write a letter of reference. What should I put in it? Would it be the same as if he was applying for another job? I don't mind writing it and I will be positive!  Thanks.

Jill

Yes, if you have word, pull up templates in there and that will give you a base letter and you can add from there.

chambero

I do a lot of writing in my job and write a lot of reference letters for kids in college that coop with us in suummertime.  If you'll PM me your email address, I'll send you some example letters of this type if you want them.

creativecattle

I actually think I know what conference you are talking about. I used to help with it was I was interning with the Calgary Stampede. I thought that sometime some of the students weren't very industry minded. I think it is great that this student has decided to get practical experience with your operation. I would certainly mention this. Also, in some of the reference letters that I have read when people are apply for scholarships or internship the author will stay that their a hard worker, but why?, they are a very mature and responsible individual, but why? I think giving specific examples helps as well.