Light Wiring (Not Cattle Related)

Help Support Steer Planet:

Cowboy Up

I am looking at a set of off road/fog lights to put on the grille guard of my truck. I drive a lot in fields, pastures, and minimum maintenance roads. My question is, how hard would it be to wire up a set of lights, but also put a toggle switch in the cab of the truck.

Thanks for the help,
CU

Reinken Cattle Co.

It shouldnt be to hard for you, if you know how to wire the switch and wire the hot end back to the battery shouldnt be bad at all! The only other halfway hard part would be fishing your wire threw the fire wall but there should be a rubber cut out somewhere to run wires threw.

Rustynail

make sure to fuse them.  I guy at work just installed a dash phone without a fuse and burned down to the rims

6M Ranch

I would install a relay under the hood to feed the lights directly.  Use the toggle to power the relay.  Less voltage drop, wiring is safer, and lights will be brighter.  Make sure you use wire that is large enough, (smaller gauge number), to handle the current.  Also plan for future lighting.  I used to run a pair of Dick Cepek lights that would pull 12 amps each.