Limestone Great Divide

Help Support Steer Planet:

Chap

that's a good lookin rascal.  haven't heard anything about him, but he sure looks the kind.  i like his pedigree to boot.

bluffcountrycattle

CAB said:
Anyone try this bull last year & have any calves to talk about? Thanks, Brent

http://www.selectsiresbeef.com/index.php?option=com_php&Itemid=114&id=125&breed=Angus
Brent...Mike Marlow sent me a couple emails about Great Divide, and they are pretty fired up about the calves!  If you got the upcoming Limestone sale catalog, there are several nice ones pictured.  It's also online at the angus site too.  Guess birthweights are acceptable, and a lot of stoutness and muscle mass.  I was hoping maybe Select would get sexed heifer semen on him, and maybe try him on some Top Shelf daughters next year.  We'll see! 

CAB

I did some cking around on Great Divide yesterday and was disappointed with the lack of nayone knowing what was going on with the bull. He is not listed as having ever been available. Does anyone know who owns this bull or where you could get some good idea as to what his semen status really is? Any help would be appreciated. Brent

hntwhitetail

CAB

hntwhitetail said:
CAB said:
  I did some cking around on Great Divide yesterday and was disappointed with the lack of nayone knowing what was going on with the bull. He is not listed as having ever been available. Does anyone know who owns this bull or where you could get some good idea as to what his semen status really is? Any help would be appreciated. Brent

http://www.selectsiresbeef.com/index.php?option=com_php&Itemid=114&id=125&breed=Angus says $25/straw
First call that I made. Not available. Thanks.

Alscows

He was not available for early breeding season here in OH.  Select always brings in some new bulls that they don't get collected right away.  Part of their QA and quarantine program I suppose.  But no doubt they'll send you good stuff or none at all!  I got some late and its still in the tank for next year.

CAB

Alscows said:
He was not available for early breeding season here in OH.  Select always brings in some new bulls that they don't get collected right away.  Part of their QA and quarantine program I suppose.  But no doubt they'll send you good stuff or none at all!   I got some late and its still in the tank for next year.

He's a 2/18/2008 bull. He should be making quality semen by now.

KYsteer

I have 5-6 coming next month, with have a better idea of calving ease at that time.

CAB

Got some answers today. Semen availability will be dependant on quality and quantity available. Different areas of the country can get it while other areas may get some. He is a tough bull to figure out collection wise, therefore at times sold out. There is none available @ this time.

Brian did turn my attention to a bull named BC Classic. He's a 6807 X Lookout's full sister,(OCC Legend). Anyone used him & have any comments about his offspring?

CAB

Good supply of semen available through Select sires. Calves are quoted as very good and complete. According to Reising's, PPL come to look @ the Dark Horse calves, but leave with Great Divide semen. They own part of both bulls.

angus showman

I bought both Dark Horse and Great Divide semen last spring used all the Dark Horse on cows for 2011 and left Great Divide in the tank. Had a Dark Horse out of a really nice freedom cow she going to be pretty nice some other Dark Horse calves I haven't liked very well guess it depends what you use him on hope I get a good one out of a northern improvement cow I have bred to him this spring. If I was to do it again I would of used Great divide I loved the bull this spring but didn't hear much about people using him and haven't seen or heard about his calves but come this next breeding season its a sure bet that semens getting used. For the person who said they didn't think he was freezing semen yet I order my great divide in early march had no problem getting it they had plenty. finally does anybody know how i could view the limestone heifers out of great divide.

LLBUX

I did a search on Great Divide calves and found a site with several pictured.  It was a sale held in August so they must have been the oldest GD calves around.

Heifers were certainly thick and with lotsa rib.