Linking Website Opinions

Help Support Steer Planet:

OH HSC

What are some opinions on which sites it would be best to link our new website to? I wanted to link it to one or two and see what kind of response that we get. Cost vs. Effectiveness is a consideration for me when chosing. Anyone have any experience with this? Thanks in advance for any feedback.

By the way, the site is hammsshowcattle.com

RSC

OH said:
What are some opinions on which sites it would be best to link our new website to? I wanted to link it to one or two and see what kind of response that we get. Cost vs. Effectiveness is a consideration for me when chosing. Anyone have any experience with this? Thanks in advance for any feedback.

By the way, the site is hammsshowcattle.com
www.hammsshowcattle.com  Very nice site!

www.showsteers.com is very cost effective and you will get very good traffic from that listing,  IMO.  Update often and notify them that you have updated with new info or new pictures!  I see a big spike in hits on my site every time I update with showsteers.

I would list on here as well and look into EDJE as well.  If you are primarily clubcalves,  Showsteers would be my first choice!

Tony

JSchroeder

1 - Based on your site, you need a link from Showsteers.com, they just plain old send traffic.

2 - Your local Craigslist, it's amatuer but it's free and it works.

3 - If you are looking for other places, consider EDJE.  The few sites I have seen the back end stats for that are linked in their directory get about 50 or so referals a month from them.  Over a year that's worth it.

4 - Find the other ag sites that aren't absolutely saturated with links already.

5 - Exchange links with people you do business with. (you link to them, they link to you) 

Get Google Analytics to see exactly where your traffic is coming from both in terms of which sites are sending it to you and where exactly the visitors are coming from (which state).  Without it you are just guessing whether the traffic is coming from Showsteers.com, this site, or a range of others.

OH HSC

Thanks,

My intial thoughts were showsteers.com and clubcalves.com . I never thought about the trading links part as mentioned in the second post. Those are a lot of good ideas that I will look at. I can see where tracking the traffic would be very beneficial.

Thanks for the input and I welcome more.