Livestock Chiropractor

Help Support Steer Planet:

ksfreeman

Does anyone know of a livestock chiropractor in Kansas?  Someone suggested we look into this for our heifer.  Thanks for any information.

5PCC

I don't have any answer, but...What is a livestock chiropractor exactly? What is their training? What do they do exactly? I know that sounds like a dumb question. I obviously know what a chiropractor does, but how does that work with livestock?

Tallcool1

I have never been a big believer in a livestock chiropractor.  In fact, the first time someone told me about it I laughed...out loud.  I thought it was a joke.

One of our fat steers has always been a little weak behind his shoulders.  It has never been anything that moderate hair wouldn't hide, but nonetheless it was an issue.  As the steer has gotten closer to being fat, and spending 12 hours a day tied up in a cooler, the problem had gotten worse.  As he has come closer to being in full hair, it got to the point that it looked just plain bad.

Fast forward to last weekend.  We had him out getting his feet trimmed.  From the table, we went to the wash rack because the guy that sold him to us wanted to see him wet.  As soon as he walked into the was rack, he said that he had a kink in his back.  He said that his Chiropractor was going to be out in a couple weeks and that the steer absolutely needed to be worked on.  He isn't weak behind his shoulder, he is up in his back.  So he proceeded to rub this steers back, right on the high spot.  He rubbed for about 15 minutes, and I have never seen anything like it.  The steer went from being roached up in his back to being completely relaxed and level topped.  And it completely changed how he moves.

I am a believer.

Mainevent

Livestock chiropractors aren't an approved method of treatment by the national vet service or so the arena vet at Kansas City told me this morning they have their own board and body to report to. I'm sure rackranch can tell you everything you need to know. I'm a firm believer in it.

Tallcool1

Mainevent said:
Livestock chiropractors aren't an approved method of treatment by the national vet service or so the arena vet at Kansas City told me this morning they have their own board and body to report to. I'm sure rackranch can tell you everything you need to know. I'm a firm believer in it.

It has however been approved by me...and you.

Motion carried.  Next item of business.

I just couldn't believe how much of a difference it made on our steer.  It is like nothing I have ever seen.  Amazing.