LOOKING AT CALVES THIS WEEKEND

Help Support Steer Planet:

harleyhog

We are going to start looking for next year's calves this weekend around SW Iowa and the middle of the state.  Who has been out looking already and where are the "hot" spots to start looking???

Thanks

Warrior10

Might be little bit too far for you but Behmer's in Hoskins Nebraska have some pretty good calves. I walked through them last week and was very impressed...they are having an online sale that I believe starts 16th or 17th of Sept.

carter o

There will be alot of good ones in sw iowa. Id check out pudentz, otto, gruhn, trausch, will cattle. There will be a ton of good ones down there in the west central iowa club calf producers. Theres like 16 guys in that and everyone is worth the trip!

iowabeef

We were out last weekend.....check out Mittag/Rieck....some good ones there.  Jorgensen's very impressive set.  If you are willing to travel a little farther east Fraker's in Brooklyn might just have the deepest set we saw.  He has the Champion and 3rd overall feeder steers from the Iowa State Fair on his sale. 

mccartan

I would head north through the Pro Tour.  Brad Smith's and Swanson's are always must stops in my opinion.

Dyer Show cattle

I am south of Des Moines 12 miles and would show you mine if your in central IA anytime. I have some awesome steers this year out of Special Edition (monopoly son),  One and Only, Eyes on the Money, Blue Blood, Salty Dog. Run 70 head of cows and AI 20-30 every year. These calves are out of mostly Sim/Angus cows and Sunseeker, Meyer, WMW. Planning on consigning many of these to sales but if more than happy to sell them now or pick one out and I will keep them until you want to pick them up.

Bob Dyer
515-210-0527

LEischeid

Jerry Dopheide has a nice set if your in the area looking at gruhns and ottos