Looking for a bull..

Help Support Steer Planet:

kfacres

Looking for a bull, bred to be maternally oriented, moderate calving ease, able to generate calves that can show, but also have performance to sell as feeders.  Must be double clean (TH, PHA).  Color, breed, age doesn't matter.  Prefer polled, but anything goes.

amcosgra

We have a couple Hereford bulls that fit your criteria.  One is a March 09 calf , moderate framed out of my best cow.  He is a little heavier on birth weight but is safe on cows.  He was used on 30 Angus cows this summer and covered them all with no opens and came back in great shape.  Also have an 06 bull that is heifer safe, throws small calves at birth but at weaning time they have packed on the pounds and perform.  I'll get you a couple of pictures of his daughters if you want.

kfacres

Cosgray Polled Herefords said:
We have a couple Hereford bulls that fit your criteria.  One is a March 09 calf , moderate framed out of my best cow.  He is a little heavier on birth weight but is safe on cows.  He was used on 30 Angus cows this summer and covered them all with no opens and came back in great shape.  Also have an 06 bull that is heifer safe, throws small calves at birth but at weaning time they have packed on the pounds and perform.  I'll get you a couple of pictures of his daughters if you want.

Please do.. I have a group of solid red heifer calves currently that I'm considering breeding herf for their first time around.  Know any good easy calving HERF bulls out there?

And again, I still keep my eyes on your heifers... 

J

JTM

Here you go. Not low birthweight but has a purebred Maine dam sired by Shakedown.

Attachments

• Bolt 12-27-10.jpg
    Bolt 12-27-10.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 43
I have three hereford bulls for sale.  One is an 06, another is a Sept 09 and the last is a Jan 10.  They will all do good on first time heifers.  The Sept bull is on the Iowa beef expo sale but I would sale the other two off the farm if interested.  I live between Effingham and Shelbyville IL.

akndscattle

I have a two-yr old Simmental bull, has been shown successfully.  18 calves born sired by him averaging 84 lbs at birth.

Attachments

• T05-1.jpg
    T05-1.jpg
    196.9 KB · Views: 34

kfacres

decided to keep our black/ blue sept bull calf to use next  year...  Hopefully the AI gun works well on the spring calving cows..

THANKS to those who expressed something to us, for an option...  Sorry, we couldn't work out a deal...  THANKS AGAIN SP! <party> <rock>