Looking for a Judge for a show in Mississippi

Help Support Steer Planet:

angus214

I am looking for a judge for a small junior show Nov. 3,2012 in Mississippi. It will be Beef, Lambs and goats! Please message me if you know of someone. We had a judge but had to change the show date and we couldn't get a date that could work for him. Thanks for any help

leanbeef

I've judged some shows...frankly, I might be interested if not for the sheep & goats! I do have a few ideas though...

Are you close to a college that might have a judging team? A small junior show is good experience for an accomplished undergrad who has judged & trained, and most of them would jump at the chance. If you'd prefer somebody with more experience or maturity, you might also find a coach or instructor through the same college route.

Extension staff? Not always my favorite idea, but there are some who have plenty of experience & will do a good job.

Purebred breeder or cow herd manager in your area? These folks have a practical knowledge, and many are articulate enough to handle the reasons...IF they'll do sheep and goats!

Good luck. Hope that helps.

MRW

Check with the folks in the Animal Science department at Mississippi State.  I know that one of the current grad students had undergrad judging experience, and she has judged a couple sheep and goat shows in Mississippi.  And she has a cattle background and really enjoys the livestock industry. 

Latest posts