Looking for a llama judge

Help Support Steer Planet:

combine54

Over the past 35 years I have judged many species....but NEVER a llama. The local extension agent called me to see if I had any ideas for their county fair llama judge in late June. Typically 25 or less animals involved. If anyone knows any qualified llama judge within driving distance of south eastern Indiana...please send me a name and contact iinfo. Their 4-H members thank-you in advance. Thanks, John

sue

Ray Howard - Big Rapids, Michigan. He is a breeder and judges llamas, if he is out of your price range I am sure he can reccommend someone for your fair? I do not have his number but can probably find it .

sue

justme

I've gotta laugh...a few years ago the Sloan boy came to judge our little county fair.  They told them they were starting off with a "cow/calf pair".  He said that's an odd order but he's ready for anything.  I wish you could have seen his face when a CAMEL cow calf pair came in.  Last I heard he is judging at Texas A and M, bet he's the only one on that team that has ever judged a camel lol.

KCK

There is a Mark Smith around Crawfordsville, Indiana. (765) 339-7783
Been certified for years, does major shows and all that jazz.

justintime

There are quite a few people who have been certified as being qualified llama judges. I think the main thing you need to be named a certified llama judge is to know Mike Hartman. A friend of mine has judged several major Llame shows and I asked him once how he got qualified to judge Llamas. He said the main reason was that he knew Mike Hartman, and that he had taken the time to learn something about the proper crimp of the hair. He said that other than that, he judged Llamas pretty close to how he judged cattle. I would suggest you phone Mike, and he is probably going to give you the names of two or three possible judges in your area.

If that fails, I would gladly judge the show for you. I don't know anything about Llamas, but I could use a trip to S Indiana.  I hear it is nice there in late June !

SHOW STR

I know of a great judge, great with kids, good in the ring, raises some of the best llama's in the midwest, this guy has a world of talent ill bet you when you call him he is at llama show or coming home from one. he has judged the warren llama nationals a couple times his name is anthony topmiller he can be reached at 513-504-3358 <cowboy>