looking for a new trailer

Help Support Steer Planet:

frostback

Well anyone have any relatives in the business or one for sale themselves? This will be a once in a lifetime buy so I am being picky. I am looking for a new SHOW stock trailer, anyone have any good dealers in their area, in a state connecting to Colorado. This trailer will be a show trailer so don't tell me about the one you use for hauling cows to pasture. Thanks.

CAB

What & where is the place in Oklahoma that everyone from all over the country goes to. Lots & lots of PPL from Iowa travel to Ok. just to get trls from this dealership.

cdcccfite

The place in OK is closed.  The best trailer on the market for shows today is the new Cimarron.  Kirk Stierwalt and Mark Copus both are pulling new custom made trailers from Cimarron and they have an excellent dealer in Denver Colorado called Trans West Truck and Trailer.  They are starting to build more show style trailers and are really doing a nice job.

firesweepranch

frostback said:
Well anyone have any relatives in the business or one for sale themselves? This will be a once in a lifetime buy so I am being picky. I am looking for a new SHOW stock trailer, anyone have any good dealers in their area, in a state connecting to Colorado. This trailer will be a show trailer so don't tell me about the one you use for hauling cows to pasture. Thanks.
We just bought our custom one the beginning of June and it should be delivered to our doorstep around July 19th. About 8 weeks they say. It is a Cimmeron Lonestar aluminum 24' gooseneck, all custom. If you saw the one on display at the Royal, ours will be similar with a few additions. We are like you, a once in a lifetime purchase so we ordered what we wanted. The dealership was in saint Luis,  no but they were more than happy to deliver it to our house in SW Missouri.  The trailer is being made in OK. If you would like to contact her, pm me and I will give you the info. We were very happy with the service,  and that they could rush the order for us so we can get the trailer before our two big fairs;  OEF and State fair! Hauling 7 head in a little 3 horse side load is NOT easy: -)

frostback

cdcccfite said:
The place in OK is closed.  The best trailer on the market for shows today is the new Cimarron.  Kirk Stierwalt and Mark Copus both are pulling new custom made trailers from Cimarron and they have an excellent dealer in Denver Colorado called Trans West Truck and Trailer.  They are starting to build more show style trailers and are really doing a nice job.

I was planning on going to see them this week but havnt made it yet. I only live 15 mins from them and they have replaced my jacks on both my other trailers. Thanks for the info on the brand though, have not heard of them yet and I checked out their web site.

I am looking for one about 7 1/2 x 20 to 24 x ?
I do not want a tack compartment in the front. I do want a ramp so I can put tack in the back and still load the calves. I go to most shows by myself with the kids so making things easy for a women is the whole idea.

BCCC

frostback said:
cdcccfite said:

I was planning on going to see them this week but havnt made it yet. I only live 15 mins from them and they have replaced my jacks on both my other trailers. Thanks for the info on the brand though, have not heard of them yet and I checked out their web site.

I am looking for one about 7 1/2 x 20 to 24 x ?
I do not want a tack compartment in the front. I do want a ramp so I can put tack in the back and still load the calves. I go to most shows by myself with the kids so making things easy for a women is the whole idea.
7 1/2 is the smallest I'd go, I'd personaly get a 8 foot wide trailer. We just bought a 8' 6" x 36, You can pack it with ALOT of cattle/horses, but wish we would have just got the 8ft as 8" 6" gets interesting in road construction.

frostback

Thanks for the info. This is the kind of personal experience I am looking for. I only get one shot at this, and I am in no hurry to buy one, just want the right one.

jmb1498

I was looking for a 7 1/2 X20 alum show trailer as well Brad Davis called me 2 weeks ago with just the deal.  A trailer he donated to Jr. Shorthorn CH to use for a year he had it back and my house remodel got in the way of me owning it :mad:.  It had side ramp, tie rails in and out,  slider door ..... Loaded. I just looked on his web site and I think it is pictured in the used trailer listing with Brad standing behind the trailer.

http://www.braddavisstuffonline.com/www.braddavisstuffonline.com/Used_Goosenecks.html