Looking for Angus show heifer

Help Support Steer Planet:

blitz

Looking for a reg. Angus heifer that will be highly competitive in the major Texas shows. Any ideas? Thanks

cowsrcuddly

RCLauren822W.jpg

We have a fall heifer 11-20-2009 that will be selling in the" Sharing In The Progress Sale"- Nov 5th in Cedar Rapids Iowa managed by Conover Auction Service.  

She won Owned Late Heifer Calf Champion at the 2010 Eastern Regional Junior Angus Show, June 24-26 in Bloomington, Ill. this summer. 

She would be a Senior Yearling, totally show broke, and a doll. Sher has continually gotten better. 

She will be hard to part with, but would like to get our genetics out there.
Thanks for looking,
Cheryl Barker
319-465-5058

cowsrcuddly

R&C Lauren LB 822W is sired by SAV Net Worth 4200 out of a SAF Fame/TC Stockman 365 dam.

Her reg. # is 16607459   Great EPDs as well as solid pedigree.

AAOK

blitz said:
Looking for a reg. Angus heifer that will be highly competitive in the major Texas shows. Any ideas? Thanks

If I were looking for an Angus Heifer (not gonna happen), my first stop would be at McCurry Brothers, Sedgwick, KS.

cowsrcuddly

Hey Torch,  you could come up to Iowa and look at this heifer and maybe take her and a steer or two back with you.  ;)  <party>

shorthorngirl2010

If you're down in TX, you might consider Satrees. If you're going to KS, I agree with McCurrys, or even Sankeys... but if you're going to KS, you may as well come up to NE and see what Bear Mtn has-- they've got some cool prospects selling October 2nd.

blitz

cowsrcuddly said:
R&C Lauren LB 822W is sired by SAV Net Worth 4200 out of a SAF Fame/TC Stockman 365 dam.

Do youh ave any pics? What age is the heifer

cowsrcuddly

blitz said:
cowsrcuddly said:

Do youh ave any pics? What age is the heifer

She is the one pictured above....R&C Lauren LB 822W     She was born 11-20-2009
That photo was taken when she was 7 mo. old., and her first major show.
Thanks for the interest!

Torch

cowsrcuddly said:
Hey Torch,  you could come up to Iowa and look at this heifer and maybe take her and a steer or two back with you.   ;)   <party>

She is sweet. And one would be hard pressed to find one anywhere down here like her. (You might at one of the McCurry operations but it would cost more).

Bain Simmental

shorthorngirl2010 said:
If you're down in TX, you might consider Satrees. If you're going to KS, I agree with McCurrys, or even Sankeys... but if you're going to KS, you may as well come up to NE and see what Bear Mtn has-- they've got some cool prospects selling October 2nd.

I agree about the Satree's i was about 15 minutes away from him and he helped me out with my projects and has very nice cattle.

AStar

Doug Satree has some of the best show cattle in the Country. He doesnt have 200 to 300 head to get his show prospects out of like the bigger Angus breeders but his small herd probably has contributed to more junior heifer winners in Texas than any other breeder over the past 10 years.

cowsrcuddly

Alot depends on how much you are willing to spend.  Go to the bigger breeders and calves will most likely cost more.  Find a small breeder that prices their cattle at the price that they usually pay for a good heifer, and you will find a diamond in the ruff.  Good luck looking.  Go to sales, go to breeders.  You have plenty of time to find that "great one".

cowboybecoachin

We are Christian Cattle Company, near Hico, Texas. We will have 27 Angus heifers (and 5 exotics) that we raised show this coming show season. Our prices are reasonable, our service after the sale is excellent, including fitting, feeding tips, showmanship info, and other support, and we will breed your heifer for FREE when she is old enough. We had 3 different major show Division Champions this past year, @ Ft. Worth, San Antoinio, and Reserve Grand @ San Angelo. Also, Reserve Champion Angus Scramble Heifer @ Houston, 3 steers in sales @ majors, and over a dozen County Champion steers and heifers.

Most recently we had heifers win grand or reserve @ North Texas Fair, Belton, and a buncha TCCA shows.

I have several May/June Angus heifers availble that are very good and competitively priced.

Call Mike @ 254-597-7121 or 254-688-0840.

P.S. Ask about our scholarship program!

kassi

There is a nice set of Angus show heifers offered at the 2010 Final Drive Sale on Oct 2. Lot 4 (BAAR USA SMR Tumbleweed x GAR Retail Product daughter) is my favorite of the offering and was recently Calf Champion at the Kansas State Fair Angus show, but you can see the catalog for yourself online at www.edjesales.com/thefinaldrive

Attachments

• lot_4.jpg
    lot_4.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 130