Looking for Semen Tank

Help Support Steer Planet:

tipmover

Looking for a semen tank.  I know some people sell tanks with semen in it and I would be interested in that if possible.  I am 18 years old and am getting certified here soon and am hoping to start my own AI business so anything will help.  Looking to spend around 300 for a quality tank.  I live in iowa so if you have something send me a message.

Thanks,
Tipmover

Art Hoffman

Hello,
I have a tank available. I'm not exactly sure on the model #, I can get that for you later, but it has a narrow neck and I believe it holds for about 12 weeks. I work for Genex and usually buy used tanks and sell them to my customers, but have had this one since winter and have no interested buyers yet. We have filled it is has nitrogen in now, it holds well. I'd sell it for $200. Any other questions, let me know.
Thanks, Art Hoffman

tipmover

Great, were are you located?  Also when you say 12 weeks you mean 12 weeks between each time you have to put nitrogen in it again?  Also how many straws can it hold.  I am taking your advice on whether it would be a good tank for a beginner, but I don't think you could go wrong for 200.

Thanks,
Mason

Art Hoffman

Hey,
I'm located in SE Minnesota. I believe the tank has a 6 month holding time, that would be the maximum holding time. I say 12 weeks to have it topped off at least every 12 weeks to be safe. I'm not sure how much access you would have to nitrogen where you live, but if you were keeping semen in it year round and opening it often I would top it off now and again. I believe as far as the holding capacity it has the same size canisters as a smaller tank so it should be able to hold about 480 units. Not exactly sure on the age, I would say less than 20 years old, it's in good shape and has good paint. Any other questions let me know.
Thanks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 197

CAB

That tank's capacity is 540 units and holding time is rated @ 24 weeks. I have one just like it. The tank may be closer to 40 years old than 20. I bought my tank in 1987 and it was used then.. A tank just like it sold in late March on E-Bay for $291 + shipping. One sold here local @ auction for $200 as is and was no good. I ended up buying a new Taylor Wharton tank from Accelerated for $490.00 which has a holding capacity of 720 units and rated at 138 days nitrogen holding time.

Art Hoffman

I wasn't sure on the exact age of the tank. This is a tank from an old customer of mine and it held nitrogen well. We did let it go dry over the winter, but recharged it 3 weeks ago and it's still holding @ 85% of its full level.

Duncraggan

IMO, if you are going into the AI business you need more than one tank.  Moving tanks around to clients and bumping them, which is inevitable, shorthens their lifespan.

Buy this tank offered and with the first $500 dollars you make in your business venture, buy a brand new tank to keep at home with your bulk inventory.

Use this tank to transport your nitrogen to top up your new storage tank and to take the inventory plus a few doses to your jobs for the day.  That way you limit your loss to a day or two's inventory.

Good luck with your new venture!

CAB

The tank here offered for sale will not be one that is easy to take around to clients. It's heavy and big.

Latest posts