Lookng For calving eaes Simmental Bull??

Help Support Steer Planet:

tmcarto

Noone wants to sacrifice power and style for calving ease. I am wondering what simmental bull people have had the best luck with. I am looking for a bull to breed to 1300 lbs. hiefers. I hope that the calves would be less that 78-80 max. PLEASE HELP? I have heard good luck with IN DEW TIME but have heard that his calves have rounded bulls and do not grow.

Dyer Show cattle

I have had good luck with Lucky Break. Calves grow really well and I kept 2 that have made excellent cows. I have used Hooks Shear force with good calving ease but did not like the calves in the feedlot, none had the grow the lucky breaks did. I have a TNT Ever Ready son that worked great on heifers 2 years ago but last year I had 3 or 4 that were big. But those calves have had more grow to them than the Shear force calves and I have liked them better than the Lucky Breaks I have had so far. This is only my 2nd set of calves out of him.

link to TNT ever ready http://abs-bs.absglobal.com/beef/simmental.asp?CodTouro=29SM0417

LN

I'm a big fan of In Dew Time. He's not a  perfect heifer bull but he's pretty solid in the calving ease department.

I have two year old heifers by  him raising their first calves and they are doing a great job. I like them so much I'm going back and using him some more this year. The In Dew Time's aren't the growthiest calves but they do fine and I have no problem selling bulls sired by him.

SSIMMENTALS

Dyer Show cattle said:
I have had good luck with Lucky Break.
Jeez, I thought we were the only ones still using him! ;D Best showheifer is bred to him this year.

We have had good luck calving heifers to Momentum, Voyager, Grandmaster, and Navigator. Momentum will downsize and  throw tons of guts and soundness. If mama's attractive, he's fine, but he can add a tick of leather. Don't have a lot of Voyager experience, but I'm pegging him as one to downsize, and add some style. Grandmaster will add belly and soundness. Watch the shoulder and he's not going to make one bigger. Navigator is going to add frame. His good ones are stout, sound, and rugged. Sometimes he can throw a weird one though. Just our experiences and opinion.

Dyer Show cattle

SSIMMENTALS said:
Dyer Show cattle said:
I have had good luck with Lucky Break.
Jeez, I thought we were the only ones still using him! ;D Best showheifer is bred to him this year.

My Lucky Break cows I hate the looks of, ugly headed and lots of leather, but they are great milkers and great moms and they dont carry the ugly on to any of the calves I have out of them. I have 2 really good One and only calves out of both of them this year.