Los Zetas seizes control of two U.S. ranches in Texas N/C

Help Support Steer Planet:

nate53

-XBAR- said:
Prohibition created the cartels.

A tank would be more effective, Mtnman. I want a tank.
So if prohibition created the cartels.  Then prohibiting guns, etc. is creating what?  So if we legalized all drugs the cartels would dissappear or would they just move on to something else?  What problems would occur with legalization of all drugs in society.  Would we put guidelines on the used to be drugs and then let WalMart sell them.  Would crime go up or down?  It would be a tax revenue generator, but what other consequenses would there be (good and bad), expert opinion needed.

I guess if there was more personal responsibility in the world (which there isn't much), less things would need to be illegal.
People are in love with power (good and bad). 

I would also like a new tank, I won't shoot anyone with it (honest), I just wanna drive it around (operating farm machinery just isn't as fun as it used to be).  All though I don't think I could pay for one so donations would be accepted.  ;)
This last paragraph has a bit of sarcasm in it (but just a bit).

knabe

The biggest reason there isnt more resposibility today is the legislated elimination of consequences.

One of The most costly example of this is the housing crisis where both the lender and borrower were insulated from the consequences of their actions.

KSanburg

knabe said:
Pretty sure he was joking.

He's a leftist, so by default he's against gun ownership.

That's pretty apparent in most of his posts, he is young enough that he thinks he has the world by the tail and no one knows more than he does. Pretty sure I went through that stage about 20 years ago, after I got a few years on me and had some rug rats running around it changed my point of view. Life lessons are unteachable until you have to go through them. I wish Ryan all the luck in the world and may all of his plans become a reality!

RyanChandler

I took the time to set it up here- does it look like I'm against gun ownership!?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 233

knabe

looks exactly like what your party wants to eliminate, so yes.  it's what you vote for, not what you have.

you are essentially voting to have it taken away.

not impressed.

mark tenenbaum

If you vote niether,thats OK too-I dont think either party is much more than a bunch of finger waving crybabies-with thier adjendas as thier sole interests-and not serving the people-and that means ALL of the people.Used to be that it depended on the issue.In fact :lately-Ive heard some republicans are reluctantly supporting the immigration act(s) to serve thier own interests(Hispanic vote).So:to me it depends upon the issue. The closest NON-HYPOCRITE politician I hear about is John McCain He calls it like he sees it-and if he agrees with a "Democratic" platform-he says so-and vise-versa. As an aside:from the rare smokesignals I get once in awhile,there is more of a war on the drugloards than the press is privey to.But they are like ants:there are millions of workers. O0

RyanChandler

knabe said:
So you vote for someone besides D?

I vote neither.

I borrow from both sides to come up with a logical and consistent whole.  Here lately, I've sided much more strongly with the party in power though.

KSanburg

-XBAR- said:
I took the time to set it up here- does it look like I'm against gun ownership!?

You just said that you would rather have a tank, and I agree with that, and the A-10 Warthog. But the reality is you can't get one so you have to use what you can. By the picture you own exactly what you were arguing against.

RyanChandler

Finances aside- why can't you get one? Why don't you feel that's on imposition on the 2nd amendment? I've asked this repeatedly yet still no reasonable response.

I have no use for those 30 rounders. As soon as there's another price spike, Ill dump then. Actually, that's my plan for the whole set up. If prices go high enough, I might even get enough to pull a good hunt out of the deal.  Turned down $3100 for what you see last time. That Leupold Mark AR is a good set up for this rifle.

Okotoks

I feel the real problem with todays politics is peoples blind faith in their party! It seems to me if elected representives concentrated on looking after their constiuents politicians would be more respected. In Canada a Conservative MP,Brent Rathgeberin, quit last month and became an Independent as he was tired of being told how to vote. This will probably be political suicide for him next election though.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/story/2013/06/05/edmonton-brent-rathgeber-resigns-conservative-caucus.html

RyanChandler

nate53 said:
-XBAR- said:

So if prohibition created the cartels.  Then prohibiting guns, etc. is creating what?  So if we legalized all drugs the cartels would dissappear or would they just move on to something else?  What problems would occur with legalization of all drugs in society.  Would we put guidelines on the used to be drugs and then let WalMart sell them.  Would crime go up or down?  It would be a tax revenue generator, but what other consequenses would there be (good and bad), expert opinion needed.

It would depend on the demand.  There is a very large demand for recreationals.  Clearly, 'the war on drugs' has been an epic failure as use has remained relatively constant and there is a continued push across the country for legalization.  Many states have already been successful in passing new legislation; the other states will shortly follow.  I don't feel the demand for auto loaders is sufficient enough to create the calibre of drug cartels we're seeing today.  Sure there is and always will be arms runners but I just don't see it being as lucrative a business as with the recreationals. 

Of course they would move on to something else.  Sure some of those types are in it for the thrill but the overwhelming majority take part in those activities for economic reasons.  They go where the money is.  Countless people have chosen the game over a legit occupation because of the allure of the big money.  People I know very well sitting in the pen because "why go play ball when I can make a grand this morning running drugs up 35."  These are people that never had a pot to piss in- and nothing they ever experienced granted them that type of economic freedom. They weren't/aren't innately bad people; just desperate.  There was a show on discover not long ago about a family in South America cooking smack and cocaine.  You could tell the man speaking had deep remorse for what he was making in his hut but - ultimately- it was the well being of his family that was his primary concern and w/in his community, this was the only work he could find that would provide enough income. 

I think you envision these sinners who have no goal but to destroy the moral fibre of America or some BS like that when in reality, these are just people like you and I doing what they can to move on to bigger and better things.  Legalization would do wonders to instill personal responsibility; It would make the distinction between abuse and sane use ever more visible.  Those that abused would die out- the CONSEQUENCES of abuse would be very apparent.  Much more effective than the "marijuana will kill you" BS scare tactics that are presently used. 

nate53

-XBAR- said:
nate53 said:
-XBAR- said:

I think you envision these sinners who have no goal but to destroy the moral fibre of America or some BS like that when in reality, these are just people like you and I doing what they can to move on to bigger and better things.  Legalization would do wonders to instill personal responsibility; It would make the distinction between abuse and sane use ever more visible.  Those that abused would die out- the CONSEQUENCES of abuse would be very apparent.  Much more effective than the "marijuana will kill you" BS scare tactics that are presently used.
I am so thankful my vision is not what you envision it is!  But please keep telling me what I think.

Doc

nate53 said:
-XBAR- said:
nate53 said:
-XBAR- said:

I am so thankful my vision is not what you envision it is!  But please keep telling me what I think.

Isn't that the truth nate53 !!

RyanChandler

nate53 said:
So if we legalized all drugs the cartels would dissappear or would they just move on to something else? 

I took this as you meaning, "something else (illegal)" which would suggest you feel these people are fundamentally bad.

Doc

-XBAR- said:
nate53 said:
So if we legalized all drugs the cartels would dissappear or would they just move on to something else? 

I took this as you meaning, "something else (illegal)" in which it would suggest that these people are fundamentally bad.
If they are producing drugs that are ruining peoples' lives, kidnapping people, killing people for hire , trafficking humans , then yes to me they are fundamentally bad.

knabe

-XBAR- said:
I took this as you meaning, "something else (illegal)" which would suggest you feel these people are fundamentally bad.

I take your quote to mean that someone who does something legal is fundamentally bad.

KSanburg

-XBAR- said:
Finances aside- why can't you get one? Why don't you feel that's on imposition on the 2nd amendment? I've asked this repeatedly yet still no reasonable response.

I have no use for those 30 rounders. As soon as there's another price spike, Ill dump then. Actually, that's my plan for the whole set up. If prices go high enough, I might even get enough to pull a good hunt out of the deal.  Turned down $3100 for what you see last time. That Leupold Mark AR is a good set up for this rifle.

As well I have asked you to tell me what laws presently in place are so out dated and obsolete that we need new laws pushed down our throat?  I have no idea if you can purchase a working tank or not, never looked it up. I am sure that you can buy one but the guns will be decommissioned. The cartels can probably get the real thing though and get a case of ammo thrown in just for good measure.

You come up with some good explicit reasons that any of the new gun legislation should be a law and I will be happy to research your question. But that is one of the laws presently in place is no general citizen can own a "Rifled" firearm larger than a .50 caliber. So is that an infringement on our 2nd amendment?  I  gave up trying to make heads or tails of all of the gun laws that are presently in place that the ATF is charged with enforcing.