lovesick steer help

Help Support Steer Planet:

Cpepper

I have a steer that suffers from seperation anxiety, every time i get him away from our show heifer he flips out otherwise very well mannered. I need any suggestions have terminal shows in 4 weeks. I have tried the seperation thing kept the heifer at another farm for two weeks  just a few days ago thought all was well but every day when out exercising he is just pushing and shoving  and bawling. Need help soon.

bcosu

you need to separate them for long periods of time during the day. When I showed two steers in 4-h i would rinse them separately and then tie them where they could not see each other during the day. They were turned out together at night but when it came to the fair, neither cared about being alone in the stall or the ring.

Ms Ray

My sons steer last year was the same way we had to walk the heifer with him or he wouldn't walk.  she could care less

BCCC

have two the same way. One at home is just fine without the other, but at shows it freaks, so bad that I can't even show it(yet at home it shows the best) The other freaks at home, but once I get to a show, its my showmanship heifer (have only not won with her twice) yet I still can't even work with her at home.