LOWLINES

Help Support Steer Planet:

cattlechick

I have a friend that may be aquiring some Lowlines. I have seen them once and they are pretty cool looking. Some black and some red apparently they came from a really good heard, anyways this Ranch switched hands and my friend who is their neighbor may be getting the majority. They are papered of course. I know they had and used a LL bull that I was told he was a National Champion and they have spent some money on embryo work for the past couple years.Im not sure what their pedegrees are but am attempting to find out.I was wondering if there is any good market for them and who could help me out on educating me a bit.
Thanks.

Reinken Cattle Co.

(thumbsup)  private message me if you have questions, I feel over all there is still a pretty good market for them, it takes a little push sometimes but it always seems I get all my calves sold, just finished selling heifers over the weekend.

TJ

I know a little bit about Lowlines.  In fact, I may have already guessed which herd it is.  If you have any questions, I'll do what I can to help. 

TJ 

TJ

Reinken Cattle Co. said:
TJ you know stuff about lowlines ???    O0

I may know a little bit about them. 

BTW, glad to hear that you sold your heifers!  I haven't really tried too hard to sell any of mine just yet, but I've moved a handful of bulls & females since the NAILE. 

RE the Lowline market... I'm seeing increased interest in Lowlines & interest has always been pretty high, IMHO.  However, most of the pockets don't seem to be quite as deep as they were a few years ago (Economy?).  With that said, a red fullblood heifer sold in Louisville for $12,000 & it was a legit sale.  Also, I sold 1/2 interest in my fullblood Doc heifer at Louisville for $2,700 (100% would have been $5,400... it also was legit), which isn't too bad either. 

Reinken Cattle Co.

My heifers didnt bring near what I wanted them to, with that said though I had to make up for a bred heifer I sold last year that somehow ended up open, I ended up buying some clubby cows that I may breed back to lowline so I switched focuses a little and it was just nice to move the heifers. Pockets dont seem near as deap at all but glad to hear stuff is still selling like that.

TJ

Reinken Cattle Co. said:
My heifers didnt bring near what I wanted them to, with that said though I had to make up for a bred heifer I sold last year that somehow ended up open, I ended up buying some clubby cows that I may breed back to lowline so I switched focuses a little and it was just nice to move the heifers. Pockets dont seem near as deap at all but glad to hear stuff is still selling like that.

FWIW, I bought an awfully good open 1/2 blood Lowline X Maine/Shorthorn/Angus heifer calf for $1,800.  She was 2nd in her class to the Supreme Champion Female.  The biggest difference was that my heifer was green & the Supreme Champ had been to a couple of shows already, including Iowa State Fair way back in August, & so the S. C. heifer had more thickness & condition.  Guess what I am trying to say is that $1,800 will buy you a very solid 1/2 blood show heifer prospect.  That's not too bad, IMHO.  Wouldn't be surprised if a few of the better end Denver 1/2 blood heifers topped 3K-4K.                                               

Reinken Cattle Co.

with that said all I got to say is 1800 bought a guy here in Iowa a dang nice fullblood heifer all because I was switching focus a little and didnt want to have to push her anymore..

TJ

Reinken Cattle Co. said:
with that said all I got to say is 1800 bought a guy here in Iowa a dang nice fullblood heifer all because I was switching focus a little and didnt want to have to push her anymore..

Probably different areas, but I am surprised that people weren't fighting over an $1,800 fullblood heifer, especially a nice one.     

Reinken Cattle Co.

They were I called the few guys who had looked at her on my way home from clubby sale and with in hour one of the guys was at my house  (thumbsup)

TJ

Reinken Cattle Co. said:
They were I called the few guys who had looked at her on my way home from clubby sale and with in hour one of the guys was at my house  (thumbsup)

(thumbsup)

LazyGLowlines

There were people I knew that would've liked to pick up an $1800 fullblood....pretty cheap if you ask me.