LT Bluegrass

Help Support Steer Planet:

hamburgman

What are the females like out of this bull. I was thinking of using him or Firewater to keep some Char females.  Any opinions on these bulls are welcome. thanks

ds

easy fleshing, moderate framed, deep ribbed, ok thickness. They tend to be a little soft in the pasterns and slicker haired but when mated to clubbie bred cows these two traits shouldn't be a problem. Milking ability is ok, not power milkers but do a decent job.

HF CHARS

In my opinion you would be allot happier with the firewaters.  They are making great cows, and have allot more performance than any bluegrass will ever have.    Blue grass has his place, but its as a heifer bull, thats it

Mark H

Does anyone have any SVY Kaboom calves on the way?  I am wondering how the kabom calves compare to the Bluegrass calves with Kaboom's -3.0 Birth weight EPD.

sjc

I have a son I actually bred my black heifers too. Suppose to be the easiest calving Charolais bull around. Start off very small (almost disappointing) but grow like weeds. Nothing due until April though...

HF CHARS

Mark H said:
Does anyone have any SVY Kaboom calves on the way?  I am wondering how the kabom calves compare to the Bluegrass calves with Kaboom's -3.0 Birth weight EPD.
Don't have any Kabooms coming but saw some at agribition.  Really nice calves.  Blow the Bluegrass calves out of the water. 

sjc

I also was at Agribition, yet have a hard time remembering very many Kaboom calves there. I think there might have been a  heifer calf that won something - thats about it. I dont think there were any Bluegrass cattle there at all. Please explain why you think they were so much better. Do you own the bull? Went to Sandan's sale and saw Kaboom in a pen by the sale cattle. Very small bull - doubt if he would weigh 2000 lbs. Not enough performance for me. Probably bred all of Ursula's fall cows though so he wasnt fat. Based on his size and his features, he probably would work on heifers.

HF CHARS

sjc said:
I also was at Agribition, yet have a hard time remembering very many Kaboom calves there. I think there might have been a  heifer calf that won something - thats about it. I dont think there were any Bluegrass cattle there at all. Please explain why you think they were so much better. Do you own the bull? Went to Sandan's sale and saw Kaboom in a pen by the sale cattle. Very small bull - doubt if he would weigh 2000 lbs. Not enough performance for me. Probably bred all of Ursula's fall cows though so he wasnt fat. Based on his size and his features, he probably would work on heifers.
You are right there was not many bluegrass calves at agribition.  and just a couple Kaboom's.  But I can say I have seen allot of Bluegrass calves, and have used him on my own operation, with no success.  I have never seen Kaboom, or ever used him.  My opinion is based on the calves I saw at agribition,  I have seen bluegrass though.  I can honestly saw, He is a PUD.  small, small, small,,,short necked, bad hipped, and bad haired.  I have some big powerful nice necked cows, and still could not get a good bluegrass

sjc

Fair enough. I like the looks of my Blugrass son and hope he has better calves on my heifers then you describe.

Latest posts