mad cow

Help Support Steer Planet:

shortyjock89

kazekage said:
my cow has been really mad latly what should i do to help her

How is she been acting mad?  My cows were really mad at a snapping turtle in the pasture yesterday, they were yelling at it!  (lol)

farmboy

what is it with cows and turtles. we had one years ago go through the pasture. by far the biggest one  i have ever seen. we had an old wooden crate that we put stuff in and he could Hardly  fit in it. cows were bawling all day

shortyjock89

zach said:
what is it with cows and turtles. we had one years ago go through the pasture. by far the biggest one  i have ever seen. we had an old wooden crate that we put stuff in and he could Hardly  fit in it. cows were bawling all day

I'm tellin ya.  I have a Wild Side cow that would run up to it and yell AT IT. I'm talkin 3 inches from the thing.  She got nipped once and all heck broke loose.  The cows were really glad once we tossed it in the Gator and hauled it off. 

Shady Lane

I used to work on a ranch west of here and one fall a few years ago we pulled porcupine quills out of heifers just about every day for 3 weeks.

There was about 800 heifers in that group and it seemed basically every day a couple heifers would find a porcupine, I would have thought those porcupines would have been bald before those heifers went to a different pasture.