Maine anjou guy looking at Denver bulls

Help Support Steer Planet:

jbzdad

Since I am primarily interested in breeding Maine anjou females I didn't pay much attention to the clubby bulls out of MAB, Monopoly etc...I also kinda skipped over an I-80 sons
I saw several nice angus bulls ... the one that really caught my eye was a Silverias bull ... but it looks like semen will be "franchises" so I didn't look long there

I did like 3 bulls
Mr Benelli 6B... A Suh son out of Canada
Watch Me Work... A No Worries son out of an AOD female  (TH and PHA clean).. I love a blue
See no Evil  although he is not a Maine ... I like him... he packs some performance and I think he would make females

jbzdad

I did not see "new technology"... in regards to simplicity... I saw Lautner's group and must confess I did not look there for a Maine bull  .. I see where Simplicity was reserve grand Maine bull.. I wish I had noticed him

obie105

Simplify was bred and raised by Kendall Bremer. He and his parents are long time Maine breeders. He did very well at Kansas City also. So I am guessing he looks the part.

sizzler14

I didnt attend denver, I am just going off of pics and video clips, but I like how you said you skipped over the clubbies and the i-80s. I dont think you missed much. I didnt see one cell shot of a bull that I felt I had to try before he was proven. I have had friends tell me they liked this bull and that bull from western hauler to southern pride to getcha some. I saw a video of getcha some along with mr.misunderstood, and i thought mr.misunderstood looked a little better and I wasnt blown away by him. I am not saying any of the bulls were junk, I am just saying I dont feel that there was "the bull" there this year. I liked the looks of Hawkeye then I saw how much belly hair they left and how they combed it down, and that really made me question that. A friend of mine said if you walked through the bulls and started looking from the ground up, you wouldnt notice very many tailheads (meaning if they had poor structure, he walked on). I am just overall, disappointed witht the bulls this year. If the next monopoly is in this group, I am not going to find out for a few years, because there are none I am going to breed to within the first few years of production. Actually Bremers bull from pics and stuff, might just be what I feel to be the best bull out there. Like I said, overall I was just highly diasppointed. from the pics, I saw a lot of bold shouldered, bad ankled, shallow flanked common bulls this year. Of course, like I stated I didnt go, so this is based off of cell pics (not promo pics). just my opinion. I think there were some decent bulls like getcha some, just not a home run hitter

diamonddls

Bennilli comes from a very proven and quality program up here. Rusylvia always seems to raise them good ones. They go on to work in commercial environments aswell. Have nothing but high regard for the program. Glad he was well recieved in denver.