maine association question, in the wrong forum

Help Support Steer Planet:

Sam

Questions seem to be answered quicker in this forum so I will just post this one,
It is the weekend and I have a question that I am too curious about to wait for monday.  If I remember correctly, in the simmental association, you only need 4-5 breedings using a pb bull in order to register that calf in the association.  I have a heifer (we will call her bessy for the sake of confusion) who is out of a Dr who cow and g13 structure.  The Dr who cow's mother was an angus simmi x and that cows mother was out of another angus simmi x. So my question is how or could you register "bessy" in the maine anjou assocition and if not could you ever register her offspring in the association. She is a ripping heifer and I would really like to show her but we don't have a division for x breds at the fair. Thanks in advance

SHAGGY

You could not register her in the maine association as they have to be at least a quarter blood to be a maintainer. If you were to breed her to at least a half blood registered maine you could then register the calf as a maintainer. If you breed her to a purebred you would be able to register the calf as a half blood.

DLD

Doctor Who is registered with the Chianina association, so your heifer would be eligible to register and show as a Chianina.

Oh and btw, still in the wrong forum - The Big Show would be best for this kind of question. :)