Maine bulls in the DeJong, Nagel or Bushy Park Sales?

Help Support Steer Planet:

HJ

Anyone been through the Maine bulls @ DeJong, Nagels or Bushy Park? If so any opinions on the bulls?

PRO

I would also be interested to know opiniions on the Green Valley bulls.  I went through their online catalog today and got pretty excited about my upcoming Special Delivery calves(last week of march).  I would be interested to hear more reports on DJ Salution calves.  I am considering using Salution this spring.

knabe

in general, the pedigrees on the nagel cow side are very strong and literally a history of what is good and has staying power in the breed, and in my opinion, based on years of experience.  to me, they probably gravitate towards slightly above average, which to me, is the best.

believe me, if i could go to any cowherd from say 5 years ago to 20 years ago, nagels would be one of them along with donaro, bremer, demarca's and a couple of others.

i would have a specific set of questions in mind and call them ahead of time to go over what i wanted to purchase.

they wouldn't be questions like, so, what do your ali and sooner calves look like.  i wished nagels had a few more offerings that were stacked on the top and bottom. perhaps there is a reason they don't do that.

Latest posts