Maine Heifer for sale

Help Support Steer Planet:

McTX

01-11-10  Tyson X Search-N-Caesar(Canadian Maine Anjou Cow) heifer for sale. PB(87.50%) polled, Black w/ whiteocks and switch. Please call (210)274-6740. Boerne, Texas.

Attachments

• 112X  2.jpg
    112X 2.jpg
    620.2 KB · Views: 101
  • 112X 1.jpg
    112X 1.jpg
    623.1 KB · Views: 79

forbes family farms

I'm sorry to say but this calf just won't make a show heifer she might make a decent cow, but as far as being a show heifer she just simply won't be. Just putting my opinion out there.

herefordfootball

forbes family farms said:
I'm sorry to say but this calf just won't make a show heifer she might make a decent cow, but as far as being a show heifer she just simply won't be. Just putting my opinion out there.

I wouldnt say that... Not at all actually. You get some hair on that heifer and she'll be a good show animal. I'd show her as a market heifer because of the amount of muscle she has and how she's more masculine made. She's got good bone structure and I'm bettin she moves pretty easy. Absolutely NO brisket on this heifer either. Super clean fronted. She's just kinda steery built. She should make one great steer momma. I'd love to see some pictures of her down the road, I'll bet you reverse your words Forbes lol .

PLKR

When someone has something for sale, I think the best policy is " if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all."  This is not a post asking for opinions on the heifer--it is a " for sale" post. If the calf doesn't appeal to you, just move on....BTW, nice positive spin Herf football. ;D

shortyjock89

Jill said:
They told Forbes to quit being nice!

Exactly!  They can't win haha!

I think this heifer will look a bunch different this fall with some black hair and a feed pail. Biggest challenge you'll have with her is keeping her soft enough in her middle and on her joints (from the pics, for all I know, she could be completely different in person).

I like her, btw. Just gonna take a little time to come into her prime.

ShowmanQ

Forbes,
Just say what you want on the posts you want to. We all know it had to break your heart to say something negative. C'mon...This heifer will be bringing home the purple! Ahh, much better.
I'm just having a little fun.

herefordfootball

PLKR said:
When someone has something for sale, I think the best policy is " if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all."  This is not a post asking for opinions on the heifer--it is a " for sale" post. If the calf doesn't appeal to you, just move on...

Exactly.

herefordfootball

Define "show heifer"...

ShowmanQ

Herf,
I think you need to take a break from harping on this and realize that the ONLY reason that Forbes ever made this comment was because he got his butt chewed less than a week ago for being nice on EVERY thread. This was his attempt at being a hardass. Yes, it is annoying to have someone be ridiculously nice on every thread, but it is just as annoying to have someone play board police 12-24 hours after the last post on the subject. The horse is dead, put down the stick.

herefordfootball

ShowmanQ said:
Herf,
I think you need to take a break from harping on this and realize that the ONLY reason that Forbes ever made this comment was because he got his butt chewed less than a week ago for being nice on EVERY thread. This was his attempt at being a hardass. Yes, it is annoying to have someone be ridiculously nice on every thread, but it is just as annoying to have someone play board police 12-24 hours after the last post on the subject. The horse is dead, put down the stick.

Just sayin Forbes came off pretty harsh. And this is not the way to make up for being too nice "This was his attempt at being a hardass"(ripping down someones animal thats for sale when no opinion when asked for). I backed Forbes up when they chewed him out on the other thread, the comment was well deserved,I agreed with Forbes, go after the people who ripped on him for being nice not rude. There was no opinion asked for, this is the classifieds section and no opinion was asked for. McTX is just tryin to sell their calf. Lets let them do that. Drop it.

forbes family farms

I was just stating my oppion if you don't like it get over it because i have the right to say anything i want to (freedom of speech.) I know this heifer is for sale but she is not one i really like, i like her but not tremdously. I like show heifers that are sound (you can't tell that in this pic) i like heifers that have some hair, thick, deep and eye appealing. So lets just say this heifer might change then i might like her more than i do now.

farmboy

wow another great calf, she'll bring home the purple every time and show her stuff in the ring...

Looks like good cow material to me.

yuppiecowboy

I'm betting that its a lousy picture of a decent calf. Its a january. Its texas. Forbes is something like 12 years old, be nice.

FutureBreeder2013

yuppiecowboy said:
I'm betting that its a lousy picture of a decent calf. Its a january. Its texas. Forbes is something like 12 years old, be nice.

Agreed not to make his the burn Forbes fourm but just because an animal isnt fitted up and made all pretty doesnt make them bad.

You shouyld see some of the great show heifers after their show days are over they just fall appart because there were only "eye appealing" when they were cleaned up. summary- some can be like Cinderella at midnight

Latest posts