Maine Sires ???

Help Support Steer Planet:

SHAGGY

So what maine sire have you had the best luck with. Is there any Irish Whiskey sons PHAF that anyone really likes. Anyone used Open Bar or the new bull Predator? Thanks for the info.

jbzdad

my best cow is a 2005 model Fear this...but have heard some scary things about Fear This BW.... tried top shelf and I-80 this year

had 2 in controls and lost them both... but have seen some really nice in control daughters, Rod has a great In Control red steer, in Control is a Total Control son

I haven't seen much IW sons promoted and certainly haven't seen many IW grandaughters....Collin's sale catalogue usually has some beautiful IW daughters .. ? PHA status?

Teet's in Kentucky has a IW son called Whiskey Rebellion that takes a great picture, I am pretty sure he is free... haven't seen pictures of daughters, don't know about semen availability

when I review show winners pedigrees in "voice"  seems like Ali, BPF bulls , and HAA shows up quite a bit

jbzdad

I think open bar is only 3/4... forgot to mention the Business group... strictly business, Dr Business and BPF ... serious business

LostFarmer

I used 5 units of an Irish Whisky son out of a MainexAngus cow.  The cow is Cunia daughter that is also the dam of Whiplash, radar, and Backlash.  A friend raised him and he is not in syndication so we will see what Straight Shot does for me. 

gus

does anyone still use Cunia?  Think I may have some in the tank....what is it worth?

AStar

Oklahoma Storm is a genetic defect free son of Irish Whiskey. I have some calves out of him that look good.

AAOK

AStar said:
Oklahoma Storm is a genetic defect free son of Irish Whiskey. I have some calves out of him that look good.

Oklahoma Storm has worked quite well for the breeders, Joe & Judy Ogle, Kinta, OK.  The Ogle's operation is small, and they are not big promoters.  Just from viewing the OS daughters on the website, I would say this sire is way better than most of the heavily promoted bulls.  I've known them personally for 10-15 years, and I promise they will tell anyone the straight scoop on this bull. http://jjcattle.com/