MANCHILD cows

Help Support Steer Planet:

ROMAX

I got some nice Manchild heifer calves that i am considering keeping for cows if i don't sell them,just wondering if anyone else had any and what kind of cows they turned out to be?and what works best on them?Thanks guys.

ROMAX

Well i live in CANADA so i can't get ALI semen or his clone,but if i do breed them i will definately use a calving ease bull first time around.

Show Steaks

had 1 on the school farm she was moderate hairy, not a drop of milk and about a 100# c section. only one ive seen older than 6 months

Darkside

We have one, had her breed to Ali the first time it was three weeks early lost it. Breed her Indian Outlaw think goodness that didn't stick. She got breed to our Ali son no calf weighed over #60 but hers #100 + and tall. She has milk maybe because she is Half Braunvieh. Would love to breed her to Amen or B.I.M.

cdncowboy

Only have one, bred limi the first year she raised a whale - not very splashy looking but helluva calf for the first time.  This year she had the smallest calf out of cows bred to herd bull, avg. 95lbs hers was 72.  Not a bad looking calf but will be behind for awhile.  She was a twin to another heifer, sold the other one - she came in open and that was that.  Personally I don't know if I'd keep them from what I've seen the Manchild's are kinda inconsistent, and  just not quite what you'll hope they will be as they grow up.