March ShowCircuit bull ad Preview

Help Support Steer Planet:

DavidSinclair

2 new bulls "Trendsetter" & "BOMBSHELL" and a new Star Power ad.

Attachments

• Trendsetter-adFINweb.jpg
    Trendsetter-adFINweb.jpg
    222.3 KB · Views: 472
  • BOMBSHELLadFINweb.jpg
    BOMBSHELLadFINweb.jpg
    230.7 KB · Views: 548
  • StarPowerSC2010web.jpg
    StarPowerSC2010web.jpg
    271.1 KB · Views: 339

OH Breeder

thanks for posting. Have always liked the looks of Bombshells Momma. Have to say Trendsetter looks like a soggy fella.
Great pictures.

CJC

DavidSinclair said:
gocanes719 said:
calf is spelled wrong in the trendsetter ad

Wow Matt, it just never ceases to amaze me how smart Texas people are.
I think it's spelled right. It's just the way the L and the A come together.

vcsf

I think that it is very commendable that you are giving an adjusted birth weight for Star Power when it is significantly higher than the actual and also that you say upfront that he is not recommended for heifers.

DavidSinclair

vcsf said:
I think that it is very commendable that you are giving an adjusted birth weight for Star Power when it is significantly higher than the actual and also that you say upfront that he is not recommended for heifers.

Thank you for recognizing that however I feel that is something that should be expected not commended.

We had 5 heifers bred to SP last year. 2 calved unassisted, 2 were hard pulls and we lost one calf because of size. That to me is not acceptable. With that said I still don’t feel that you should expect to have problems with mature cows unless the cow has some big BW’s in their pedigree. 

I don’t think that there should be any question that the quality of his calves justifies his continued use.