Marketing do these success stories give lessons?

Help Support Steer Planet:

Bird Cattle

2 different markets ladies and gentleman. We raise both and keep both separate, not by choice but by commen sense. I will take every top notch Heat wave with some maternal on the bottom side i can get my hands on.  Is it right I don't know but its working pretty dam good so far. I hope everyone out there is a heat wave hater that just means there is more opportunity for guys like me.  As far as TH cattle it would be interesting to see how many steer champions didn't carry the gene. I bet not many.

I am sure not trying to run the shorthorn breed down but lets face it at least in the south it is probably the weekest breed going, the cattle just don't have enough substance, mass nor ass. I could not even recommend sending a set to the feed yard. This is mealy my opinion you can take some of it, all of it or non of it, but had to voice it.

Heat wave daughters  X  Troubadour
Heat Wave daughters X Yellow jacket

It doesn't matter they are both working bank on it, and this may even stop the flow of Th who knows?

shortyjock89

Bird, I'm glad you had enough of a set to say that about Shorthorns.  I'd say there are only a few places south of Kentucky that have any 'horns that are worth a crap.  WHR, V8, Guidry's, Sumner's, and just a few others.  To see some real Shorthorns, come to IL, IN, IA, and NE.  Not saying they're the best or most important breed out there, but there are more Shorthorns around me than just about any other breed (central IL).  If all cattle worked everywhere, there would be no breeds! 

Bird Cattle

Olson, thanks It is just so happen I purchased a couple of real good cows as of late from up there.  There is a huge void for a great shorthorn down south.  The cows came from Iowa off of the Joyce Disp.  I try to stick with blacks and char's but i couldn't help myself.