Maternal bull from list

Help Support Steer Planet:

Bolt1

Im new to forum and was wondering which bull or bulls would be good maternal cows and maybe raise decent steers with in 3 generation I have mostly 3/4 Angus 1/4 simmy cows all are clean and have had at least 3 calves I would like to use something I have in the tank and doesn't matter if I use a clean bull here is my list below
Sunseeker
Mossy oak
Dirty Harry
Hollywood
Smokin Joe
Judgement day
The ringer
Tugboat
Eye candy
No worries
I80

Other bulls in my tank but might be more terminal
General Lee
Two tone
Freak show
Dakota gold
SF thunder
Monopoly money
Talladega
Thanks in advance

mark tenenbaum

i 80 Ringer Smokin Joe Dirty Harry No Worries Dakota Gpld Smokin  Joe So-If you have under 800 cows you have plenty of OBVIOUS CHOICES-ALL ARE ALSO GOOD CALVERS INCLUDING DAKOTA GOLD ON A NON HUGE BW COW Dakota Gold is the least-but hes good and the females seem to be too O0

Bolt1

Thanks l wasn't sure if any of the older bulls on list  would work for a maternal base.

Bolt1

If you know of anyone having a cocktail party I have about 70 straws for mixing drinks u think it would be a good conversation piece and some are colored straws I know tugboat is purple

RLN Cattle

Any interest in selling your eye candy semen? Or if anybody else on here has some they wouldn't mind parting with, I'd be interested!

cowpoke

I-80 would be the best you have.He has made excellent heifers,winning steers and some promotion bulls and is easy calving.Some of your others were not around long.Dakota Gold is popular .No matter what bull you use your cows are just as important as the bull. Bulls such as Monopoly have survived the test of time and outsell most of the new hot ones.

Bolt1

I was looking at what else is in my tank this bull was before my time and was told he was one of the original pha carriers a full blood Maine named stinger would he work on some of my soggy Angus cows or not worth using.

doc-sun

Bolt1 said:
I was looking at what else is in my tank this bull was before my time and was told he was one of the original pha carriers a full blood Maine named stinger would he work on some of my soggy Angus cows or not worth using.
stinger was not a fullblood

CJB

To make a maternal base for club calf production in 3 generations, I'd use the Tugboat semen on your current cows.  That should give you about a 1/2 angus 3/8 sim 1/8 maine cow that you can breed almost any way that you want to.  Take a look at the cow and her solid gold calves in the thread below.

http://www.steerplanet.com/bb/the-big-show/tugboat-bull/