Maternal Sires

Help Support Steer Planet:

SCF

what are some of the newer maternal sires that are doing a good job? Are people still sticking with Whiskey and 734?

Telos

Not to hi-jack this but was curious to see if anyone is going to sample Lautner's Maternally Yours?

sizzler14

Telos said:
Not to hi-jack this but was curious to see if anyone is going to sample Lautner's Maternally Yours?
We have had a few Maternally Yours calves between my partner and I. We have a heifer out of a monopoly cow that actually broke its femur when we pulled it (not the bulls fault, a 65 pound heifer). She is jacked necked and really deep. (were keeping her to butcher). The one thing I have to say out of the cavles we have had is, They dont have much foot nor power to them. The monopoly cow had a lot of power and the calf isnt very thick but ultra feminine. I dont think this bull will ever throw a steer (pedigree doesnt suggest he should). But I think his heifers will have their place. I would suggest breeding him to plain fronted cows that need prettied up and more femininity added. I have a small sample but thats what he did for us

Telos

Sizzler14 said:
Telos said:
We have had a few Maternally Yours calves between my partner and I. We have a heifer out of a monopoly cow that actually broke its femur when we pulled it (not the bulls fault, a 65 pound heifer). She is jacked necked and really deep. (were keeping her to butcher). The one thing I have to say out of the cavles we have had is, They dont have much foot nor power to them. The monopoly cow had a lot of power and the calf isnt very thick but ultra feminine. I dont think this bull will ever throw a steer (pedigree doesnt suggest he should). But I think his heifers will have their place. I would suggest breeding him to plain fronted cows that need prettied up and more femininity added. I have a small sample but thats what he did for us

Thanks for the report. I liked him on paper but saw a video of him and did not like his foot size, either.