Matt Launter Online Sale

Help Support Steer Planet:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bulldaddy

I think a lot of folks are either jealous are have missed the fact that monopoly is a hot hot bull right now with limited supply.  Also, it is exciting to see an online auction be so successful.  Just remember, nobody is forced to bid at these sales.  Just like a traditional sale, it is personal choice to raise your rand.  If somebody pays 300 per straw and flushed to get the next Houstion grand champ they will look pretty smart if you ask me.

common sense

The price of semen can change from one minute to the next. If the most marketable and hottest bull in the breed died this afternoon and there was only 100 straws of semen left what would that semen be worth? That truth is that it is worth whatever ONE person is willing to pay for it at that moment. If they are willing to pay $300 a straw, then that IS what it is worth. That person just set the market. So if you know that there are a half dozen people out there willing to pay that price would you actually sell the ten straws of semen that  you have stuck away in your tank for half?  Why would you do that?

If you think that the sale was all a sham then call TODAY to all of the semen suppliers that you said had semen yesterday for far less money. Ask them what they are getting today. I would imagine that the price has changed or they are now out of semen.

If you really want to have some fun let's sell some Monopoly semen on Steer Planet and see what it brings. I bet Jason would be willing to run a mini auction of some Monopoly semen. I would be willing to part with some of MINE for that kind of money...are you willing to sell your's for that?  If not then what is it worth?

herefordfootball

Monopoly is a darn good bull, I havent seen one throwaway calf out of him. Every calf I've seen was well above average. That alone is going to lead to price increase. As it was stating the semen description they couldnt collect monopoly this spring, another thing that is going to lead to price increase. Thats the way the world works, supply and demand.

muleman

People laughed when I listed mine for $80 after the Lucus sale. I just consigned some with one of the well know semen distributors, they also test it and it came back as flush quality. I am glad that I didn't sell it for $80. My best calf this year is a monopoly by far and as stated above there are not many throw-aways. Call around and you will not find any semen, I did this before I consigned it. I purchased it to resell just like half the people compaining buy and resell calves for a profit,  but reselling calves is ok.

knabe

so how much would it cost to buy monopoly himself.

even $300 seems a bargain if the calves are worth 270 more than just your typical ai bull.

DTW

knabe said:
so how much would it cost to buy monopoly himself.

even $300 seems a bargain if the calves are worth 270 more than just your typical ai bull.

Very good point.  Price of semen doesnt concern me either as long as you use it on the right cows.  Glad i have 15 monopoly x full flush embryos in the tank for spring.
Anything over $300 over market price it pays for itself.  And if they are any good should bring more than that.  Wish i had some more in my tank.  ONly have 5 straws left  might have to use it wisely this spring on the good cows. 
This will also make Monopoly calves even better because it will only be used to flush or on the top cows.

Dusty

DTW said:
This will also make Monopoly calves even better because it will only be used to flush or on the top cows.

That right there is absolutely huge.  A lot of times the only difference between a good bull and a great is the cows he's used on.

WFCC

the difference is there are two full brothers to monopoly so it would make more sense to use headliner. where as with heat wave his brothers were not very good at all! the demand is higher for the bull that doesnt have full sibs! BE SMART WITH YOUR MONEY!

shorties

Do some more checking around and talk to the distributors they all say that headliner will be short of supply to!

WFCC

that could very well be, but if anyone that was marketing this semen was smart they would say there is short supply to raise the demand! this is where you hope people are being honest!

cotullaguy

WFCC said:
that could very well be, but if anyone that was marketing this semen was smart they would say there is short supply to raise the demand! this is where you hope people are being honest!

being crooked is not really good marketing.  they can just raise the price if they like but do not lie about the situation....no need to....the price of monopoly has gotten out of hand when Headliner is sitting there though.

bing

once again if people want to pay the cost of monopoly to use the more proven sire then let them come sale time I bet the monopolys will bring more interest. If they want to take a risk on headliner great but that's the choice some are going to make.

Jill

I can't speak for anyone else, but if I wanted Monopoly I would buy Monopoly, I have 3 little boys that are full brothers and they are NOTHING alike, just because Headliner is a full brother doesn't mean he is as good or breeds the same as Monopoly will.

cotullaguy

muleman said:
Agree with jill I have one kid that is 6 foot tall and the other is 5-2. They are full sibs, atleast they better be.

yea, but at least you do not go on forums and run down the one that is shorter...

bing

It seems that the only one that's been talking much about the topic is you..also seems like its been negative about monopoly and not headliner..

oldwood

Headliner didnt work to well for us, not enough bone, calves are nothing like our monopolys have been. someone else may have better luck but we didnt.

knabe

cotullaguy said:
muleman said:
Agree with jill I have one kid that is 6 foot tall and the other is 5-2. They are full sibs, atleast they better be.

yea, but at least you do not go on forums and run down the one that is shorter...

all cattle are equally good.  it doesn't make sense to keep the "better" one if you can make more money off selling him.  look at JPJ. 

there is no one way to do things.

Status
Not open for further replies.