Matt Lautner's Monopoly

Help Support Steer Planet:

cotullaguy

Matt and I have called a truce.  Matt is sending me free monopoly semen to try in my herd.  I promise to use it and post results here on this board.  Both on conception and upon calves being born.  I hope this a beginning of a better relationship between the two of us.

yuppiecowboy

Whats his number, guess I need to come up with a stupid reason to pick a fight with him too if it gets free monopoly semen out of the deal. Maybe Hook, too since I was going to order My Turn anyway.

Freddy

North central -- Nebraska on highway 183 - 30 mi
I used some Monopoly an started slow but finished very satisfactory , ended up with 7 live, good calves out of 9 eggs , 2 flushes out of three were satisfactory .... Used some different semen in the fall and my technician said semen was satisfactory , haven't had quite as good a luck , but did get a few eggs ....One suggestion that would stop alot of the confusion with there semen on Monopoly is get him collected in one place and don't have so many different collecting him because every one is comparing results from different batches, just an idea ....

DTW

I flushed a cow twice to monopoly, once to heat wave and once to ali and i got 13 to 14 frozen eggs out of each flush with only 1 unfertilized or degenerate per flush.  And she was only bred one time with two straws of semen on each flush.
I know the monopoly semen i had was from two different collections and i saw no difference what so ever.  And the heat wave was original heat wave. 

she only ovulates 14 to 15 eggs per flush but that is enough.  I dont want those flushes with 25 eggs or more.  To much scare tissue and chances or ruining a donor.

Bulldaddy

cotullaguy said:
Matt and I have called a truce.  Matt is sending me free monopoly semen to try in my herd.  I promise to use it and post results here on this board.  Both on conception and upon calves being born.  I hope this a beginning of a better relationship between the two of us.

You ought to do well on the conception part.  I got some Monopoly semen back in early feb and have used it with excellent results.  We ultrasounded the ones bred to him and they all stuck.  I hope the calves are as good as many say they are.  I know it has a lot to do with the cow but I am still trying to figure out what to breed him to.  Good luck with the breeding project.

Freddy

North central -- Nebraska on highway 183 - 30 mi
Is Monopoly throwing very many big birth weight calves, ours have been just right but are starting to hear of people wh o have lost calves because of size at birth... Has there been any issues on My Turn birth weight, hadn't heard of any so far ....

CAB

cotullaguy said:

I never knew there was a feud going on. Did you have to take equall amount of free semen on another bull?Just curious. LOL.

Sorry Matt, I couldn't resist this morning. I'm a BAD BOY.