Help Support Steer Planet:

kamerkat

feb out of a first calf hfr

Attachments

• 2012-07-04 09.44.35.jpg
    2012-07-04 09.44.35.jpg
    996.4 KB · Views: 256

trevorgreycattleco

Nice calves. I'd like to take a little length off the first calfs legs but that's splitting hairs. Good condition on both. I really like the second calf.

J

JTM

I really like both of those heifers. They have a lot of depth. Very nice!

kamerkat

last one she is a feb also

Attachments

• photo (2).JPG
    photo (2).JPG
    96.8 KB · Views: 182

wiseguy

I really like those heifers and the Bellringers in general. I am just not big on the fact that he goes back to a chi angus cow, but that doesn't mean we won't use him next year on heifers. I really like the bull calf you have on FB by Bellringer. HE IS NICE!

If I didn't know where you lived I would think those pictures were taken in Texas last summer. Man is it HOT and DRY in the Land of Lincoln!

kamerkat

Thanks wes and your right it feels like i`m living in the middle of a desert.It was over 100 when i took all these pics

kfacres

wiseguy said:
I really like those heifers and the Bellringers in general. I am just not big on the fact that he goes back to a chi angus cow, but that doesn't mean we won't use him next year on heifers. I really like the bull calf you have on FB by Bellringer. HE IS NICE!

If I didn't know where you lived I would think those pictures were taken in Texas last summer. Man is it HOT and DRY in the Land of Lincoln!

Pike County Wes-- just outside my back door.. and it's dry as snot here as well..

wiseguy

What were the Bellringer Bw's out of curiosity? With his actual Bw I would expect them to be quite low. Specifically what is the BW on that bull calf that I like? Do they grow well or just average? Lots of questions just curious.

kamerkat

wes in order of their pic 1st 61 ,2nd82 ,3rd70,, have a solid red bull out of an osage grandaughter74lbs ,the bull on fb mike raised think he was under 70.I did have one that weighed 100 lbs.He will make a really nice steer.I would say their growth is comparable to the osages with more muscle and with more eye appeal.

wiseguy

That sounds really good to me! What cow family is the bull that is out of the Osage grandaughter? More muscle and eye appeal than the Osages (clapping). You are speaking my language now, I just may have to use this bull. Do you have a picture of this red bull calf?

Eggbert

Here are the pictures of the Bellringer bull that the Wiseguy is referring to.  He is out of a 1st calf heifer sired by AF KF VG Step Ahead.

Attachments

• Big Ben Bull.jpg
    Big Ben Bull.jpg
    150.7 KB · Views: 272
  • Bellringer Bull A.jpg
    Bellringer Bull A.jpg
    270.8 KB · Views: 259

kamerkat

wes the osage grandaughter is from our hawthorn cow family reg #4169375

Will

This thread makes me happy, we bought 10 straws of Bellringer and 10 Straws of Bayou while we were at the junior nationals. I think they will both work really well on my stouter made cows.