Maverick/Full Moon

Help Support Steer Planet:

PRO

I was wondering if anyone has had any calves out of these sires yet?  Also, has anyone used Dream Catcher on some chimaine angus cross cattle?  What were the results?  Birthweights, type of calves?

Thanks

HGC

I have two GVC Maverick's due on Mar 10 and Mar 13.  I will keep you posted when they come.

rtm

I've had 5 Mavericks. BW has been real good 68-75#, I've been real pleased with that. I'm even thinking about possible breeding a few heifers to him if other people are getting the same results.
Calves are young, but I think they are going to be pretty good, 2 bull calves are starting to fill out nice.

Cowboy

I know of 2 Full Moons -- one at 88 pounds and a baldy -- kind of like an F-1 Hf-An look. The second one was 108, all black but toes out a fair amount and wants to buck over already. Breeder said he was really impressed with the first one though -- both were emryos from the same flush on a Habinero sired cow, both bulls.

I have one due any hour now coming from a Lady's Man, she doesn't need any help in toeing out though, so we will see! Wish me luck --

Terry

LIMO

I used Maverick in a flush last week on a 6807 Angus cow and  did real well.  If anyone would be interested in some eggs from that mating PM me.  Not trying to hijack this thread, the point that I was wanting to get across is that the semen is flush quality for sure.  This is refreshing to get semen of that quality on a young bull.