Me dumb ??

Help Support Steer Planet:

folknathan

Cowboy, those calves look really nice.  I am needing a couple of calves for my niece and wondered what you were going to do with these calves.  What are they...heifers or steers?  She is needing both.  Are you going to sell them or will you price them? Thanks in advance.  We do a lot of showing in Illinois and Iowa and Wisconsin. 

Cowboy

The three calves I pictured earlier are all bulls, and yes they will all be for sale as they get a little older.

I usually do not steer them until they are at least 90 days, to give them time to grow some and see if a calf or two a year will be better for bulls or as a steer.

I did get a really good Tycoon hfr last week. She is more extreme in her makeup than the bull pictured, will be a tab more framey I tihnk as she grows up. She is from a first calf MIle High Max-Foreplay daughter and will be very nice.

Will send you a PM when I get the chance -- thanks for asking and keep in touch!

Terry

Ruchian

Cowboy, what kind of cows are you using Tycoon on?  What does he seem to change on them? 

Cowboy

I only have 2 Tycoons, they are both pretty good, but are different in thier make up from two differnet cow families.

The bull calf pictured is form a Oscar 711(AN) - Chill Factor - Foreplay cow. She is 5/8 Angus, 3/16 Ma, and the rest Chi. Hemade her thicker, more hair, better toped and cleaned up the front some. She is good for an Angus cow, pretty smooth. He added hair though, thatis for sure.

The hfr calf (No pic as yet) is more extreme. Longer legged it looks like, knife fronted, hair galore. Sheis from a first calf Mile High Max - Foreplay (Same Foreplay that is the great grandmother of the bull no less). This young cow is clean made and feminin but needs better hair. Tycoon took care of that but kept the great female look. Thisck enough, but not over done. A true female looking calf.

Doin't know if this helped any one, but I can safely say I will use him again on a couple more. I have a problem with my cows -- they are ALL decendents from ONE cow from 1989 -- every one is either a grand-daughters or deeper -- and there are several full and half sisters daughters of a 1995 cow. The Oscarr 711 is the grand-daughter of the Foreplay in my avatar picture. Long story -- hehehe -- but this has created a breeding nightmare for me -- as all of the cows have at least 1 shot of Powerplant, some have 2 plus some Cunia too. Got to watch the pedigrees.

Use him to add hair and some bone -- good thick tops are a plus too. He will make them clean up front especially on those heavier made cows. Like RSC said, I tihnk if you put him on a deeper cow, you will see the best calves.

I think these two calves will just get better -- and each has it's own claim to fame if you will.

Ugh -- another windy post!  ;D

Terry

Telos

Cowboy- Is doesn't get much better then Cunia and Power Plant when talking club calf genetics or even breeding stock. Power Plant is out of a Cunia cow and some people don't account for that. I sure do know what you're talking about with a breeding nightmare (Maybe, a case study in genetic defects). Alot of the good ones (... and I'm saying  most of the current promo bulls) go back to those two boys. Although, if all the stars and moons line up just right, the results can be very rewarding.

TMJ Show Cattle

Give me some full throttle daughters out of powerplant cows,breed em about any way you want and go to the BANK.

knabe

TMJ Show Cattle said:
Give me some full throttle daughters out of powerplant cows,breed em about any way you want and go to the BANK.

what's the nick there?  isn't throttle too tall now?