ME'N MY HAWKEYE 22W CALF

Help Support Steer Planet:

Okotoks

Here is a new photo Jaimiediamond took of her ME'N MY HAWKEYE 22W calf born June 11. Her dam Cirrcle M Candy's Kit Kat 9K is an eleven year old daughter of Diamond Captain Mark 27C. We also used 9K's full brother Circle M Ghost Rider 10G.

Attachments

• Diamond Yummy Candy 58Y.jpg
    Diamond Yummy Candy 58Y.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 224
  • Circle M Candy's Kit Kat 9K and Diamond Yummy Candy 58Y.jpg
    Circle M Candy's Kit Kat 9K and Diamond Yummy Candy 58Y.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 268
  • Me'N My Hawkeye 22W.jpg
    Me'N My Hawkeye 22W.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 244

Okotoks

Redwine Brothers Cattle said:
Very nice looking calf, bull, and mom!! I'm super excited to put that Captain Mark semen to use!!
It's a bit of an outcross for us as Hawkeye's dam is a daughter of Salute. Hawkeye is by Saskvalley Pioneer so it makes an interesting mix.
I have attached a pic of Kit Kat's daughter by Star P Matrix and a photo of Kit Kat's full brother Ghost Rider.

Attachments

• ACC Candy's Winegum 14W.jpg
    ACC Candy's Winegum 14W.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 188
  • Circle M Ghost Rider 10G.jpg
    Circle M Ghost Rider 10G.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 1,022

justintime

Hawkeye has impressed me since I first saw him as a baby on his two year old mom.We shared in a couple flushes with Papa and Moma hilltop on their Fairest Faye cow. First flush was to Touchdown, second flush was to Hawkeye.

kfacres

mark tenenbaum said:
Touchdown and Hawkeye both would work for me (already using Touchdown) I like the Salute look-but a generation or so back,and not linebred on Trump or Solution ETC O0

Why not?  What's wrong with you?  You mustn't be a member of the mafia__ O wait, I forgot you're too smart for that.. I don't blame you, count me out as well....  They look neat, but can they produce is the question at hand???

<beer>

jaimiediamond

Time will tell on what kind of cow this heifer will make I suspect with her dam's line being as prolific as it is, she will be more then a cool heifer calf. Her paternal grand dam HC DAFFODIL 21T was a 2 year old when she produced Hawkeye showing herself to be one amazing beef producer right from the start. (Even though she is Salute daughter   :eek: )

SASKVALLEY NAVAJO 153M X-[CAN]M469899-
  SASKVALLEY PIONEER 126P X-[CAN]M471053-    
    SASKVALLEY VICTORIA 8J X-[CAN]F674291-

ME'N MY HAWKEYE 22W X-[CAN]*17590-    
      SULL GNCC SALUTE 532R X-[CAN]AR15809-
    HC DAFFODIL 21T X-[CAN]AR16355-  

RIVER ACRES DAFFODIL 5H -[CAN]F672154-
DIAMOND YUMMY CANDY 58Y  
    BODMIN H M ALBERTA MARK 71A X-GM462512-
    DIAMOND CAPTAIN MARK 27C X-M463603-  
      GAFA CAPTAIN'S ROSEBUD DOLLY X-F650155-
  CIRCLE M CANDY'S KIT KAT 9K X-[CAN]F674062  
    MOOMBI POWERPLAY J89 X-M462346-
  J J JENETICS CANDY 1C X-F661250-  
  KERIGLEN KAYLORI FEY 8X -F650131-

Hilltop

I have not had a chance to reply until now. Lil Hilltop already said she could be a show partner for Bubble Yum next summer and I am thinking you do not like appendix breeding anyway or maybe this little girl will change your mind ;)
Anyways, she looks awesome. We will get a pic of Bubble Yum when we have time.......which could mean tomorrow or November

jaimiediamond

Hilltop said:
I have not had a chance to reply until now. Lil Hilltop already said she could be a show partner for Bubble Yum next summer and I am thinking you do not like appendix breeding anyway or maybe this little girl will change your mind ;)
Anyways, she looks awesome. We will get a pic of Bubble Yum when we have time.......which could mean tomorrow or November

OOO I would love to see a picture of Bubble Yum at some point hopefully before November ;)

jaimiediamond

I personally don't, but I will give Bob and Cindy a call and see if they have one.  She patterned very similarly to Kit Kat but didn't have as much depth of rib.  Candy was one amazing cow I purchased 2 daughters out of her who were power house producers and dad had purchased the Ghost Rider bull who has consistently sired daughters that have longevity, depth, and eye appeal. 

Hilltop

jaimiediamond said:
I personally don't, but I will give Bob and Cindy a call and see if they have one.  She patterned very similarly to Kit Kat but didn't have as much depth of rib.  Candy was one amazing cow I purchased 2 daughters out of her who were power house producers and dad had purchased the Ghost Rider bull who has consistently sired daughters that have longevity, depth, and eye appeal. 
And do not forget to add awesome udders!

jaimiediamond

Redwine Brothers Cattle said:
Do you have any pictures of Kit Kat and Ghost Rider's dam?

I have attached a picture of Candy and Ghost Rider as a calf in July of 1997.

Attachments

• JJ Jenetics Candy  & Circle M Ghost Rider.jpg
    JJ Jenetics Candy & Circle M Ghost Rider.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 171

ALTSIMMY 79

Cant take it anymore so im just gonna have to spit it out , I LIKE that Hawkeye Bull. Theres alot of people out there that try to breed shorthorns just because they are populuar in the ring , most of which shouldnt be breeding anything but by the looks of things you run a real program up there. Good lookin cows too. One day i may just have to dip into the roan deal myself as ive always been curious but for now ill just sit back and take it all in !!!

Hilltop

jaimiediamond said:
Hilltop said:

OOO I would love to see a picture of Bubble Yum at some point hopefully before November ;)
Here is finally !!!, your picture of bubble yum taken today!!! she is looking very good !! ;) she just stands there when we set her up , she is such a sweetie !!! She was born March 11th!!
         - Lil' Hilltop <party>

Attachments

• sandman and winegum at vet clinic 021.jpg
    sandman and winegum at vet clinic 021.jpg
    148.1 KB · Views: 152
  • sandman and winegum at vet clinic 027.jpg
    sandman and winegum at vet clinic 027.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 154
  • sandman and winegum at vet clinic 029.jpg
    sandman and winegum at vet clinic 029.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 153

Hilltop

Being one of those "Self Promoting Shorthorn Breeders"  ;) we thought we would post a new pic of ACC Candy's Bubble Yum 39Y.
She is more impressive every day and I think she may be as good as her dam. Momma and little Hilltop say she is better!!
Really crossing our fingers for a full sister next year.
If we get pics of more Hawkeye calves we will post them here if ok with JD and Okotoks ;D

Attachments

• ACC Candy's Bubble Yum.jpg
    ACC Candy's Bubble Yum.jpg
    177.2 KB · Views: 286