Minnesota Beef Expo

Help Support Steer Planet:

katie_k

state fair grounds.  is anyone planning on going?  we are going to watch just for sunday, i was wondering if i came early enough could we watch the people fit their animals for the show? or is that done privatly?

iowabeef

What are the dates and does anyone have any information on registering for the shows? Any websites?

NSF

yes you can watch people fit. just walk back into the barn and find some people who look like they know what they are doing and ask them if they mind you standing around watching because you are trying to learn. you might get the person who says no but most wont mind as long as you arent in the way of anything.

NSF

the earlier you get there the more fitting you can watch but people will be fitting most of the day.

bluffcountrycattle

Shorthorn Girl said:
It will be a GREAT weekend for a cattle show in MN!  Lots of quality animals and the numbers continue to increase each year.  Besides the shows, there are a lot of activities for the kids...quiz bowl, fitting, the works.  Showmanship is on Friday afternoon, Saturday is the big Sale day and supreme champ drive Saturday night for the sale lots, and Sunday is the JR show.  You can purchase a calf on Saturday there and turn around and show it on Sunday if you'd like!  We are bringing one Angus heifer for our 8 year old...this is his 3rd year showing up there!  Be sure to look us up if anyone is walking through the barns...would love to chat!  We will be stalled with RTM Cattle Co who also posts on steerplanet, so be sure to say HI!  <beer>

BABYTEX

Shorthorngirl and bluffcountrycattle we will be down on Friday morn between 10:00 and 11:00 am.  We are Loerzel Family Farms.  We will be the fun area.  Dont mean to say other people aren't fun but we will have some Halloween lights up around our area.  We have a March Maine Heifer, a March brockle face Registered Simmental Heifer (Star Power), an April Heatwave Market Heifer, and a late March Maine Steer out of Dirty Hairy.  You are certainly welcome to watch us groom some on Sunday.  I believe this is our 4th year at expo and my sister who is 6 will be showing for the first time.  I am 14 and I also have a fifteen year old sister.  Hope you have fun at expo.  It is a good time.  If you would like to introduce yourself to us I have some friends from the county that will also be there that I could introduce you to.