Mixed emotions.

Help Support Steer Planet:

Will

It is with very mixed emotions we have decided to offer Elbee Throwback for sale at the Shorthorn 500 sale. I was told by a breeder nobody offers proven mature bull of his caliber at an auction. But we feel it is the best way to market him. He has sired Champions all levels, high sellers both steers and heifers and great cows. He is a proven calving ease bull that can be used on heifers. He is a unique sire in this breed no Trump, Double Stuff or Jake's Proud Jazz. We have kept several daughters and plan to keep all of his daughters born this fall. We are going to sell possession and half semen interest. Who else give you a chance at a true proven revenue producing sire.

Attachments

• Throwback_DSC_6033[1]_opt.jpg
    Throwback_DSC_6033[1]_opt.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 250

mark tenenbaum

Will has texted me pasture pics-non pro pics of calves milling around, and earlier pics of Throwback from when he was young,then out as a long yearling. This side view doesn't do him justice. Ive seen probably 15 different calves, and they are all made very similar to the show hiefers he has posted. This is a real good breeding bull. O0

Tallcool1

I am sure that it is hard for you to part with him.  One of my favorite things about cattle showing is being able to look at them.  I know that may sound stupid, but I just really like to look at them.

I commend you for being more committed to promotion than possession. 

Make sure you sell him high enough to guarantee him as good a home as you have given him Will.

Clint

knabe

you shouldn't have mixed emotions.

this is exactly what you should be doing.

you saved semen on him.

let someone else spread his use.

more people need to do this.

he's a good looking bull

spread the love.

he will do more good in someone else's herd for you.

Will

I hope he finds a good home.  It has been very interesting in the types of herds that have shown interest in him, from as clubby as it gets to as far as you can get on the other spectrum.

Will

Here is a good opportunity to add value to all of the calves out of your heifers.

Medium Rare

Did the sale go well? How did the shorthorn bulls and the I80 sell?

Is there anywhere to get a sale report?

Will

It was a very tough sale.  I am not sure what the I 80 brought.  We did not get Throwback sold so he got to come back and we will put him onto a group of heifers this fall.