MN State Fair a no adhesive show???

Help Support Steer Planet:

Boot Jack Bulls

I had heard more than a couple of times over the last week or so that next year, the Minnesota State Fair will be an adhesive free beef show. The reasoning was not a fairness issue, but that the city will not allow the chemicals to enter the water supply, so to continue to have the show, no adhesives will be allowed. This would effect both the junior and open shows, both heifers, steers and bulls. I have also heard this will likely effect the MN Beef Expo next year, as they are held in the same facilities. This could be a huge game changer for the show, especially the beef expo as it is such a prospect and club show. I think that the Weaver line of adhesives is being advertised as not having some of the problem chemicals, but apparently the rule will be an across the board ban.

Curious what anyone else has heard on this or just general opinions. This could really change things if other cities hosting these shows and expos decide to jump on board.

knabe

Ban hair spray, makeup, deodorant, the cattle themselves due to manure, urine and carbon.

There has to be some concern with run off and downstream regulations.

I still am amazed that the people who make theses laws don't mandate suicide.

Next up is burials in coffins to be outlawed as a polluting outdated ritual and they will mandate cremation except that causes global warming too.

They should just ban fairs altogether. The pollution from cars, the electricity etc is a carbon pox on the environment and no one will really resist anyway as speaking up is just negative and only a delay on the inevitable.
Allowing hair products to be banned is a sign of weakness. Shaving armpits and legs and beards should be banned as well.

iowabeef

Great post Knabe.....the amount of "bad" run off from human grooming products in a city that size would have to be more monumental than what happens a couple of days at a show.  But we all know what happens when the government starts to legislate......it isn't about me and what I do...it is about everyone else....

yukon pete

Looks like its time to bring back the glycerin bars for boning legs.  Sorry if I'm aging myself but if you hire an old timer like myself, it may give you a huge advantage!