Mojito

Help Support Steer Planet:

ia girl

How has he worked for you???  Would like to get any reports to help me decide whether to use him or not.  Thank you for any information.

Gargan

He will add a pretty front, nice middle, square hip and a touch of frame. Thickest calf I've seen this yr is a mojito x sunseeker.

BTDT

Are you referring to the red angus "mojito" bull?  If so, his birth weights are large and they are square and big shouldered so therefore expect some difficulty in calving.  Growth is ok, muscle adequate, but nothing special.  He will add length of body.
If you are referring to another "mojito" then forget all of the above.

ia girl

It is the club calf bull out of Mr. Clean.    I had one person breed three cows to him.  She said all bigger birth weights and one got hip locked.  She was not happy with him and said to stay away.    Just looking for some more reports on his calves before I breed to him.  I just bought semen.

Cattle Cards

Well, you have to take what you hear with a grain of salt.  You're going to breed to him.  You like him.  Heard good things.  You bought semen.  I guess it'd all depends on a person's cows, breeding program, feeding program and calving practices.  I was told not to breed my Heat Wave heifer to a Clubby bull.  Yet I did, albeit Jesse James.  I had a beautiful heifer calf without much problem.  Just go into it with your eyes open and do your best for your cows and put a good live calves on the ground.  Best of luck!

nds

Have had numerous Mojito calves the past two years.  Like said above in the discussion it depends largely on the cow on how the birthweights are, as is every club calf bull in our industry.  We have had very good luck using him on our past show heifers that are carriers.  Calves have sold well for us as well.  Keeping a handful as replacements out of angus based cows as well and are looking like they will make good club calf mammas in the future.  The options for th/pha free bulls is slim and we found success in Mojito as an option.