Monopoly Hiefer

Help Support Steer Planet:

5VSC

What are you guys breeding these monopoly heifers to? We used Flying B Cut Above "Fat Butt" for the first calf but didn't know what some guys are choosing for second calves and later on..?

Bradenh

A lot of guys are breeding monopolys to charolais, someone like Freddy could help out a lot more but those yellow monopolys are in high demand

Diamond

I have been thinking the same thing, I bred mine for calving ease but have no idea for the next round. I would like to frame her up a notch and add some langth, but I dont want to lose her depth.

The Show

Her breeding is just one of the things you should look at when trying to figure out who to breed her to. Monopoly calves have their common traits, but no two calves are the same. Does she need more or less frame, muscle, depth, etc... What could she improve on the most? Like the above poster stated, they want a little more frame and length. Maybe yours has plenty and could use a little more depth and spring of rib.

mainecattlemother

We have a Monopoly x Cowboy Cut and were having probs breeding for a Junior Yearling for two seasons down the road but caught her in good heat this morning.  Due to my daughter wanting to at least keep the Mainetainer regs in her we bred to I-80.  I am a little worried as our Monopoly has great depth but could use more frame as she is quite short in height and I am worried that we may need to dig a hole in the ground for the calf to suck but hopefully everything will turn out. 

flacowman

shorthorngirl2010 said:
wonder what Firewater would do on a Monopoly...  <party>

oure awesomeness I'm sure :)  I'm expecting 3 firewaters out of chill factor cows this fall

29kahill

i havent really seen any firewater calves out of monopoly's but i've seen some monopoly's out of firewater's that are really good out there. that cross definately seems to work

Freddy

North central -- Nebraska on highway 183 - 30 mi
Haven't had any MONOPOLY heifers old enough to bred yet , but my first thought would be AMEN or ALIAS AN THERE MIGHT BE BETTER CHOICES ....

Maybe the FIREWATER bull, I'M  still worried about the birth weights ,the EPDS keep going up ...get some shortly , sure wouldn't take any chances on the MONOPOLY heifers they will be pretty valuable ...  What about the POLAR  ICE bull or the GEORGE bull,should be some CHAROLAIS BULLS THAT WOULD WORK ....

5VSC

The biggest problem is the TH carriers...this heifer hasn't been checked but I'm sure she will probably be a carrier...so trying to find the right bull to carry on the bigger shouter look she has might be a worry. I do like the Char crossing ideas and the shorty's the will work of some breed class.