Monopoly

Help Support Steer Planet:

rtm

I heard someone the other day had to give $250/straw from lautners.

advocate

I heard its free if you get into a pissin match with lautner ( sorry couldn't help myself)

Tooker

Advocate...its comments like yours that ruin this forum!if you don't like them or there bulls get your semen somewhere else. That doesn't teach kids very good ethics does it!

bing

Vet tech- obviously you know nothing about the world of business the price revolves around the supply and demand of the semen. There isn't many bulls that are a few years old that are really popular that haven't raised in price from when they first came out. His supply is getting lower but the bulls demand is growing just as much if not more than any other clubby bulls out there.

oakbar

Maybe to add a little to the earlier post--it seems there are some  bulls that get pretty expensive, real fast if the bull dies--even if they have no offspring in production--and then get real cheap, real fast once their offspring do get into production!!    I knew of an AQHA stallion once that died mysteriously and his colts went sky high in price.    Later on when the owners had a little more "experience" you could buy those same horses for pennies on the dollar.  Just an observation that may be interesting only to me!!  I'm curious why so many of these "great" bulls die so early!!

mooch

Tooker said:
Advocate...its comments like yours that ruin this forum!if you don't like them or there bulls get your semen somewhere else. That doesn't teach kids very good ethics does it!

Relax, it was a joke  from earlier in the month . Doubt he meant it towards Lautner assume it was more a joke for Collutaguy.He reported Lautner gave him semen after they went a round or two. Chill

vet tech

bing said:
Vet tech- obviously you know nothing about the world of business the price revolves around the supply and demand of the semen. There isn't many bulls that are a few years old that are really popular that haven't raised in price from when they first came out. His supply is getting lower but the bulls demand is growing just as much if not more than any other clubby bulls out there.
Im not stupid. I just would never pay that much for a clubby bull when there a million other Heat Wave sons out there to use for 20-25 bucks.

buckeye

I just believe he was marketed real well and he produced a some good off spring and they drove up his cost some and people continued to buy it and then kept raising the price. so cant really complain, I would see it for as much as I could also as long as people were still buying it. I for one choose to use other bulls and he also has a VERY GOOD FULL BROTHER :) that has produced for me very well

WFCC

its pretty crazy when a guy can buy heat wave for 200 and monopoly for 250. anyone else think that this whole low supply of semen is beginning to be a game for more money? whats even crazier, ppl are spending the 250, from our calves i would choose carnac used on a sound cow over monopoly. seems like monopoly works better on carriers.

bing

I think heatwave also sells for $250..you use bulls that work on your cows.so use what works for you if your not buying the monopoly semen then what does the price matter.

lowann

vet tech said:
its going for to much.
Be glad your not into bucking bulls, or some dairy cows. Semen for White Sport Coat, (bucking bull) is going anywhere up to $21,000.00 per straw.I have seen good milking Holstein semen go for $500.00 per straw.

BCCC

I don't see anything wrong with advocates reply after Matt lautners comment on his blog about Trausch farms sellin 100 units of semen for $7 dollars. If I could sell 100 units of semen of my bull to someone that consistently raises good calves and would make some good calves out of my bull. I don't see the difference and don't remember any one complaining about Matt? Isn't bing Matt? I do remember the guy that he supposedly gave the monopoly semen too saying that.  I just did a quick search for bing's posts, and the majority of them were all about either monopoly, talking down the other monopoly brothers, or about Matt lautners sale. Also one saying that walks alone being any where close to monopoly is ridiculous. Just my thought.