Monopoly

Help Support Steer Planet:

farwest

Is monopoly throwing small frame or why do you say they have lots of growing to do, or do you just mean cause they were just born.

lowann

farwest said:
Is monopoly throwing small frame or why do you say they have lots of growing to do, or do you just mean cause they were just born.
One was born the 2nd of march, the other one today. Normal sized calves, just allot can happen in four months. Good/bad. They both have bone, and hair. The calf born today has more bone, body, than the one born the 2nd.

lowann

lowann said:
We had our second Monopoly calf today. Another bull, this one 92 lbs, born unassisted from our Meyer 734 Granddaughter.
Lots of bone, hair. Looks like he will be a thick one.
Time will tell. They both have lots of growing to do, and allot can happen in four months!
This calf gets better every day. He might just end up staying a bull.
I'll get some pictures taken in a week or two. He just got over an intestinal inflammation. I was pretty worried about him for awhile.  But I think he's back to his old self.
BTW, this calf is out of a Ben Kelly cow.

Dave

farwest said:
What has anyone heard on birthweights and quality.   Is the dam side purebred angus.?
I have two Monopoly bull calves so far. They look real impressive. Big bone, top, and hair.

F5CHASER

Wow those birth weights seem quite high....I am scared to try him on a heifer.

showcattlegal

I had a monopoly bull calf this morning out of 3 year old maine simmy cow. 86 lbs.good bone, hairy and wide. 45 minutes after he was born he was up bucking and playing

ROMAX

I'm thinking of using him on a fleckvieh x angus cow and a daughter of her by a belgian blue ,they are both mid framed with decent bone,lots of hip,structurally sound but not real clean fronted any thoughts on him working on them?

cowz

We have had 7 Monopoly calves so far.  Most out of Charolais cross cows, so they are steel grey or cream colored. Averaged 75-90 #.  One is cream and white.....looks like a palomino paint horse.  All have good bone and are pretty beefy.  All came unassisted out of cows.  None of them are freaky necked, so to answer the post above, I am not sure if he would clean up lots of leather.  All have great hair, especially the black ones. 

We also have 4 Rainmaker calves, which really impress us.....one is a blue roan!

JoeDirt

CAB said:
  Thanks Throttle. I was hoping that some had seen some good All Aboards B/C of him being clean. I'm going to wait until the whole train comes in B4 I jump on it as far as Monopoly is concerned. It sounds like there will be plenty of others that are going to jump on early. I usually wait until it's GONE.

I got a pretty good March All Aboard Calf that weighs about 900lb and Short 46'' at 800 lb hip height. not a BIG Show Calf but a VERY Stout, DEEP, Sound calf.  He has high loin and high flank ( that is coming down now) and Shoulders are big but oh well i guess it goes with the big top butt thingy.  I think is a good county fair or State or Jackpot calf..I have seen nicer calves and bigger one also.  He is a little hot head and we are just working the hell out of him.  I would use All Aboard again