Moody Hiefer

Help Support Steer Planet:

CarrieSue_13

I'm having trouble trying to my heifer. She'll get close to getting broke and go right back to not walking. Any tricks? :-\

vc

Work with her every day, and tie her for a few days walking her to feed and water, start with it close to her but out of reach, 10 to 15 feet, work her up to where she has to lead a good ways to get to it. If you are not consistant with her and do not have a good daily routine it will be an up hill battle for you.

CarrieSue_13

Thanks, and do you know any tricks for lice I already poured on Ivomec, and it just got worse. I had the same problems last year, but nothing working that worked last year.

lightnin4

CarrieSue_13 said:
Thanks, and do you know any tricks for lice I already poured on Ivomec, and it just got worse. I had the same problems last year, but nothing working that worked last year.

I use Cylence every 2 weeks for show heifers.  I also treat any other cows they come in direct contact with

Jess

Find a product that works specifically for lice and keep them poured. Watch for signs of them itching/rubbing more than usual in case a product isn't working to its full potential.

Work with her everyday. Try not to get into to too much of a routine with her, as she'll get used to it and start being stubborn. A few times, I've seen show cattle get "bored" with their routine and become rebellious, aka stubbornness, kicking for no reason, just plain being onry. Key is to keep the routine different but cover everything you need to cover everyday, i.e.  brushing, sticking, rinsing, etc