More "bad" luck....

Help Support Steer Planet:

Simmymom1

Gosh, this just has not been a good year at all for my family.  You guys probably remember back in May, our barn burned down and we lost two really nice steers in there.  My daughter would have showed the one steer in seven days at our county show, and the other steer was for Houston in 2011.  Well, we rebuilt the barn and luckily found her another nice steer for Houston in 2011.  Things were really looking up for us again.

Well, on Tuesday morning we had a really bad storm come through town and it produced a lot of lightning.  My daughter's Sunseeker heifer that we finally got bred, got struck by lightning and she died.  The really weird thing about all of this is that she normally would have been in the barn that burned down in May, but was turned out to pasture.  We were all thinking that she was pretty lucky for not being in the barn that day.  I guess she did not get so "lucky" this time.  

My daughter has been through a lot in the past months, she has had to take in a lot of heartache.

I am ready for some better days for sure!

Lisa

SlickTxMaine

My sympathies to your family, yet again.  I feel for your daughter....way too much heartache for a young person to go through.  Hopefully 2011 will be looking up for your family! 

chambero

Oh man.  That's awful.  Maybe you are just getting all of your bad luck out of the way and over with all at once.

My son's show heifer got killed by lightning summer before last.  We had kicked her to the pasture because she got too mean for him to handle.  Six months before, his steer for the majors bloated and died.  So that year, two of the three calves he showed  died.  In July this year, the dam of my son's best steer this year got struck and killed also. 

DFSC

Oh my gosh! Prayers for you and your family that is devastating! We lost a cow a few years ago to a lightning strike.  She was 10 days from calving. I hope your luck turns around!

Jordan

Bulldaddy

What bad luck.  Probably means you are due a streak of good luck.  I lost two calves and a favorite cow in a three week period a couple years ago.  Sure does sting but things do get better.  Hang it there!

forbes family farms

OMG your daughter and family has been through so much, i couldn't imagine losing one of my show calves. I have this one heifer that means SO MUCH to me and if anything ever happend to her i don't know what i would do, i would die crying she is the best. Hang in there though because hopefully soon you will have some good days!